Best "decent" Thermal Scope

BWitz

Looking to buy my first thermal scope(sub $2500) and wasn't sure what to get. I will not be using it very often but want a decent performing scope. Have heard that the AGM TS35 is good one to start with and to avoid ATN. I can get good deal on an ATN so was maybe thinking on trying it. Any advice appreciated.

Jessej is absolutely spot on. I have the
AGM T25-256 and it was ok to scan with but kind of difficult to identify with 100 percent certainty past 125-150 yards for me. Once I looked through a much nice thermal I knew I had to have a better one. I would say the AGM 35-384 is a pretty decent thermal. Gives good viewing range and good detail.

Iray is having a good sale on one of their 384 res units. I have no personal experience with this particular scope, but I have their Rico Mk1 640 and it's been awesome. 5 year warranty as well.

IMG_4208.png

You didn't say what you planned to use it for, but if it's hogs you really don't need a lot of pixels or manification. They are big targets and you can stalk in close In the dark if the wind is right. If its yodel dogs, fox, or bob cats you're after then you will want/ need more pixels and magnification Which means "MO MONEY"
Steer clear of ATN, I bought an ATN 10 years ago, didn't like it, took a big hit selling it even though barely used. A young man that worked for me in Border Patrol Laredo had one stolen by a porch pirate which was supposed to be sent "Sign for delivery" but UPS left it by the door. Took him two years to get a refund from ATN.
I'd stay with AGM or Bering Optics at their entry levels. Lots of dealers have demo models you can look through.
Oh Don't forget to budget in add a hand held spotter to your budget as well. I love my hand held pulsar but its over your scope budget. The AGM Tiapan is the best for a low budget.