What's most popular actions to buy

nctta

I have a chance to buy several R700 actions. I can get anything blue or stainless what would you suggest I buy to satisfy the masses if I decide to sell a few?

I think the stainless ones will be more desireable... But that is just my opinion. I'm kind of a stainless/jeweled junkie when it comes to Rem 700's. LOL

That said, I would get atleast 1 blued/jeweled action, because nothing screams "custom rifle" like a blued 700 action with a jeweled bolt, with a bright stainless bull barrel on it. I like that old school look.

All, but 2, of my 700's are stainless actions with stainless barrels. Those other 2 are blued with blued barrels. And when I remove those blued barrels on the blued actions, their getting stainless barrels.

If you're getting them really cheap, hook me up with a blued/jeweled long action with a standard bolt face (.270/.30-06)... :D

What price would constitute cheap?
Don't get upset, but this is just simply my opinion...

Cheap would be $300 or less for just a bare action with a trigger (no bottom metal, and no mag box assembly). The last stainless/jeweled one I bought I paid $200 for it, because the guy was getting divorced and had to sell it or else his wife got it. He said he'd rather sell it and lose money, than for her to get it. LOL

Reasonable would be $300-325 for a used action (no bottom metal, and no mag box assembly).

I based that off the fact that I can go buy a new 700 ADL special from Academy, Dicks, or Wally World for $379.99.

The last used blued 700 ADL I bought was strictly for the action, and I paid $350 out the door, so about $315 before tax.

This is also just one person's opinion based on what I've paid, and what I'm willing to pay for one. Some people might be more desperate, and might be willing to pay more... It's hard to tell what the current market is going to allow you to sell them for.

They are all brand new straight from Remington. I have my FFL and am buying them. I can buy 5. I just want to know which actions would be the smart buy. I can get SS or blue and I rarely get upset about stuff that don't really matter in life

Ahhh, you didn't specify they were brand new... That would affect pricing greatly.

If it were me, and I had my FFL, and I could only get 5, I would order 1 SA standard, 3 LA Standards, and 1 LA Magnum. All stainless/jewled. You can always have the action cerakoted black and keep the bolt jeweled.

But that's because I have several specific projects already in mind.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.