What to do with my 700 BDL Varmint Special

I thought about fluting it, right along the line of where the holes are. That's another option.

The holes could also be filled in, and then re-blued or Cerakoted. My list keeps getting longer and more $$$$
Will anyone flute after its bored/rifled? I'd rather rebarrel personally

The holes could also be filled-in, and then re-blued or Cerakoted.
I'd have to ask a 'smith if filling the holes with weldment would maybe create stresses, weaknesses or a curve that would essentially negate any value still in the barrel. I'll say it again: A new barrel in which you have trust, installed by a trustworthy outfit. Sad thing that some previous owner buggered that barrel so badly it's of questionable value today. It's up to its present owner to rectify the stupidity perpetrated against it so long ago...

I would cover the holes with a pic rail and wear that barrel out. Have a smith do a trigger job on it or drop a new one in. Have it bedded if accuracy is not good enough. You could have an accurate and good looking rifle for not too much invested. Half mile is only 880 yards. Shoot the heaviest VLD's your barrel twist will stabilize and you'll reach that.

Fools and tools. Man that's sad they drilled that mess. 4 kids in 6 years!? You must be exhausted. Once you have more than two you have to switch from man to man defense to a zone defense.

Honestly, let a reputable, well known smith look at it. The 2 original rear sight holes are already proven to be safe. It's the other 4 practically in line that bugs me. Where there were 2, there are now 6, all lined up in a high pressure area. Depth of holes and shape at the bottom of holes is a concern (stress risers).
If you choose to shoot it after the smith says it's your choice, don't cover that area up. Keep your eye on it for any crack or bulge if it appears. Frankly, gas pressure failures will not give much warning. You would be fortunate to catch it before it bursts, if it ever does.
Plugging the holes is fine using typical plug screws. Welding will not work. Do not go there.
Sorry, my background in aerospace engineering makes me pretty cautious these days. Especially if kids are around it.

Those off-center holes in the receiver are uglier than forty feet of mud fence. I think I'd find a one-piece scope mount, put it on and hide those holes until hellsinki freezes over.

Long-action Farrell scope base for Remington 700: https://www.kenfarrell.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=20_27&product_id=264

That's actually the barrel. Looks like someone tried moving the rear sights or installing some who really didn't know what they were doing. Badly.

I'd have to ask a 'smith if filling the holes with weldment would maybe create stresses, weaknesses or a curve that would essentially negate any value still in the barrel. I'll say it again: A new barrel in which you have trust, installed by a trustworthy outfit. Sad thing that some previous owner buggered that barrel so badly it's of questionable value today. It's up to its present owner to rectify the stupidity perpetrated against it so long ago...

It would cost next to nothing to simply thread them, plug them, polish it down to where they are all but undetectable or completely undetectable

Then it could be painted cerakoted, or otherwise refinished for far less than replacing it.

Your OP asked what I would do with it if it was mine.

Well, I bought a NIB M700 in 1970 because it was in a going out of business sale. $125.

I kept it long enough to realize why I had never bought a Remington rifle before. I just don't like them. I sold it for what I paid for it a few months later. I have never owned a Remington rifle since.

It would cost next to nothing to simply thread them, plug them, polish it down to where they are all but undetectable or completely undetectable.
Your eyes may not see the holes and you can convince your mind that there are no holes, but there is still going to be some oscillation of the screws in the holes when the rifle is fired and the barrel expands by .0001 inches. It will contract by that same .0001 inches. Repeated expansion and contraction will exercise the steel, which will precipitate a failure at some point in the future...

Your eyes may not see the holes and you can convince your mind that there are no holes, but there is still going to be some oscillation of the screws in the holes when the rifle is fired and the barrel expands by .0001 inches. It will contract by that same .0001 inches. Repeated expansion and contraction will exercise the steel, which will precipitate a failure at some point in the future...
Not if you epoxy them in.