What states?

Matchbook454

Hi guys. Looking for a little help. Just getting into long range and really want to head out west and hunt antelope. Other than Wyoming, can anyone recommend some other state or states with good antelope hunting and somewhat easy to draw tags?

Wyoming has more B&C entries. New Mexico has the world record at 96 4/8". The Az draw takes years, don't know how long Nevada draw takes. A friend killed a very nice one (>90") in Utah. Most with the antelope itch go to Wyoming. Good luck

I hunt antelope in NV. This is where long range hunting is unless you know a farmer who will let you hunt them on the hay fields. I can almost walk up to about 400 of them on one ranch. The farmer wanted them all dead but will not let most people hunt on his land. We took 3 of them last year and they are so good. The issue is tags in that area. Out of state hunters get the same odds in NV and people in NV. Not the best odds but so far we have done well.

Attachments

• lopes driving.jpg
    lopes driving.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 145
  • lopes.jpg
    lopes.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 149
If you're interested in going guided, I'd take a look at "pronghorn guide service". I have never hunted with them, but the results they post are beyond impressive.

I can't imagine you would need a guide to take an antelope unless you are looking for record book type buck. CO, ID, WY are probably the easiest to get a tag in, CO and WY are almost a guaranteed doe tag. With a rifle, antelope hunting is not much of a challenge if you are meat hunting. I myself look at it as a nice weekend off from intense hunting. This year literally we did no scouting, the first spot we went at daybreak there where several hunters so we moved, second place same story. Third place spotted about 20, 30-minute stalk to get within 700 yards, range, dope, shoot, hunt over, back at truck with meat by 10am.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.