What unit in Wyoming??

Not looking good in western Wyoming. The desert is littered with dead antelope and that's just what can be seen from main roadways.
We did not get hit as hard over here on the east side. I have seen a lot of does with no fawn this year though. It was nice to see the first set of twins on Friday evening.

Bighorn basin , Absoroka's , Beartooths , around Cody, Wapiti, etc. area had a normal winter with no winter kill to speak of. No tag or season cuts. I think everybody in the state is going to come here along with 550 non res deer hunters and and don't know how many elk hunters. The cut 25 antelope tags in 78 and I think it was 50 in 81. Only cuts but they been cutting lope tags for last 3 years.

I just checked the pronghorn draw results. I did not draw a tag this year. I was not planning to hunt even if I had drawn. Now the temptation won't haunt me. LOL
We use to do that in S. Cal. Apply of doe tags. If we got one. we would just burn it. One doe being shot is cuttng down by two or more the next year. There wasn't that many to start with.
My son and I did that last year here Montana. The pronghorn are very low in the eastern part of this state. We spent a 3 day scouting and felt it would be better to burn those tags. I live to hunt, but would rather level something for somebody else in the years to come. I stop hunting Pheasants in an area here in Montana, because the count was down, and haven't return either. They are still down.

I've decided that this year is not the year to go to Wyoming, I'll just purchase another elk and antelope point this year and see what it all looks like next year.

Spent a week over in the Baggs area and its pretty sad for the deer and antelope. Very few left in areas where we typically see over a hundred. The bad part is that this will impact hunting for a few years to come.

I would think that most of Wy is bad or for the next several years. I am at do I continue to purchase points or not. Being 75 I am thinking it's going to wast more money, because I probable never be able to use those points. i am not about to use my point to shoot dinks. It's to bad, but that's life. There herd will need time to rebuild.

I've decided that this year is not the year to go to Wyoming, I'll just purchase another elk and antelope point this year and see what it all looks like next year.
I do a DIY goat hunt every 3-4 years. I hunt south of Laramie. Takes 2-3 points to get a tag. Always 100% success on decent goats. Nothing in the record books but I just love hunting them for the hunt, not to make the books. I wouldn't like waiting so long between hunts. I pick my shots. Typically I prefer long shot opportunities.

Well, I just purchased elk and antelope preference points, I'll give it a shot next year. This year turned out to busy with grandkids and two trips to alaska. Hopefully this winter will be a mild one and give them a break!
I'll see what happens and put in for one or the other next year for sure!! I'll have 6 points of each!!