What Scope

I have been dissapointed with Vortex mid priced scopes low light abilities. Cheaper Burris are better and somewhat more expensive Leupolds are better yet. Glass quality & coatings matter. I would expect the Razor scopes to be better than lower level Vipers. If the Chinese can build a thermonuclear weapon it would sort of indicate they could build hi quality optics with 1st rate glass & coatings.
No doubt they could but that's not what is being produced by them at this point.

With the reputation Chinese glass has, a company would lose a bundle trying to manufacture top end glass there and sell it in the US.

Maybe one day but personally, I try to avoid buying anything made in Red China period.

You are right but leupold is also known for turrets to not work
I've owned dozens of them and still have a dozen or more and have yet to have an issue with the turrets.

Maybe guys shooting in competition spinning them constantly are having issues but I haven't seen them nor have I heard of them from anyone I've ever shot or hunted with.

Don't play the lottery. I've owned numerous leupys. Zero issues ever. In fact nobody I know ever had an issue with them. Plenty on the forums have however. No scopes are without issues. That's a fact. Doesn't matter who the manufacturer is. The more scopes out there, the higher percentage issues/defects. The true test of a scope manufacturer is customer service and warranty. For me, that means more. I'm a huge Sightron guy but own Leupold's and others as well. Can't say I can complain about any I've ever owned.
Even I've had a few issues with them over the last 40 years but in every case it was excessive wear or abuse.

They always made even the worst of my scopes right and I never fudge when I tell them the problem or what caused if if I know.

I think in total I've had to send four back for service in that entire time.

Pack along a 2nd back-up scope should the primary one fail. Same rings to fit rail. My scope recommendations might be sort of different - light weight, high quality 30mm tube scope (my max self imposed range is 400 yards, never felt underpowered with 8X) mounted so 200 yard zero is 20% from bottom of elevation range. Apprehension about spring tension & recoil near top of elevation range. Crank it up high as possible to test groups periodically - springs fail, stuff happens. Super good scopes are pricey but hunting is not a cheap sport. Zeiss makes lots of hospital instruments that I have casually observed while having my body worked on.
Just carry a scoped backup rifle, then you don't have to worry about re zeroing.

Thanks for all the great advise and input. I ended up going with a TT 3-15M. Hopefully the rifle will be done in the next couple of months and will be able to try it out. Thanks again.

Thanks for all the great advise and input. I ended up going with a TT 3-15M. Hopefully the rifle will be done in the next couple of months and will be able to try it out. Thanks again.

I'm like you. I have a scope waiting for a custom rifle. It was supposed to be here for last hunting season.