What scope to start with, 100-1000yd. hunting?

Thanks for the sunshade link. I use Butler creek scope covers on the Nikon and they work just fine.

Here is a pic of the 'rifle' so that you can see the scope and covers. Yeah, really that is why I have posted the pic. Really...NOOOOOOTTTTT.

The smiling gent is my hunting partner. He spotted it, I shot it at a massive distance of 94yds. But I could have nailed him if he was further out..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jerry

Sweet.

I understand about the 94 yard thing. I ended up getting my deer this year at around 40 yards. I was very happy to end up with a deer but I would have liked it to be a little closer to 400. Oh well. Meats in the freezer.

I forget which is which. I should remember this by now.

Whichever it is called, the reticle does NOT grow with the increasing magnification.

C'mon Jerry , give us a mug shot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, just cause youre not pretty aint no big deal ,..........we all know you can shoot, so show us the mystic man /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif just messing around with you my friend , nice buck at any distance .

Jim

Maybe someday, I will be the one holding the animal instead of taking the pic /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

It was a nice buck and very fortunate to get it. Sometimes its better to be lucky then good.

The angle was such that I couldn't see the deer. Took a bit of fussing and moving around to get into position. That big guy decided that it was smart enough to stay hidden and didn't bolt.

Maybe he was too tired from playing with the does. Either case, gave me that extra few seconds to get him lined up and take the shot.

This was really one of those situations that only took a few seconds but felt like an eternity.

Jerry

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.