What scope rings

Slammer14

I am setting up my first long range hunting rifle just wondering what you guys prefer or recomend for rings. Also how would I know what height to get. 300 rum, 700 action, christiansen carbon barel, bell and Carlson stock, 20moa rail, Mark 2.5x25x52

With a heavy recoiling caliber like the RUM, I would get the best I could afford such as NF, Seekins or Hawkins and use a one piece rail. Just my opinion and what I use. Good luck.

Years ago I tried Burris Signature rings and since then I have always used them. They provide a LOT of scope holding strength by getting probably 100% insert/scope tube contact. Your scope will not move with these rings! These rings will not mark up your scope tube. You can adjust the scope within the rings using offset inserts that are included (no 20 deg base needed). And you don't have to lap the rings.
1587914023245.png

slammer 14 ,talk to brian burnside, talley manufacturing they are twice as expensive as leupold. I think people expect a lot from a scope , rings ,bases. they buy a set $35 set rings and bases. then you bought talley ,nightforce. the spend thrift group say, am not spending that kind of money. slammer14, you are not going to be hunting off the back porch here, get the best and most you can afford. who knos, I hope not , you or the horse may take a slip and fall, I hope you ,the gun don't get hurt . be safe.take plenty of bung hole fodder,buck in n.c.

American Rifle Company, those I've found the easiest to level the scope when setting it and very sturdy rings!

ARC M-10 rings are the bees knees. Torque both the base screw and the single ring screw to 55 inch pounds and your good to go. They are pricey, but the engineering and machining put into them is top grade.

I am setting up my first long range hunting rifle just wondering what you guys prefer or recomend for rings. Also how would I know what height to get. 300 rum, 700 action, christiansen carbon barel, bell and Carlson stock, 20moa rail, Mark 2.5x25x52
I really like nightforce UL rings.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts