What scope rings

Like I've said in earlier posts, dont matter how good your rail or rings are machined if the action your putting it on isn't true it doesnt matter and the big majority of factory actions arent.
Lay a one piece rail on top and screw 1 end down first most of the time there is air space under the other end so when you screw it down now you have a banana shape.
Bed the 1 end of the rail if there is and rings and no more problems no matter what rings you use.

I am setting up my first long range hunting rifle just wondering what you guys prefer or recomend for rings. Also how would I know what height to get. 300 rum, 700 action, christiansen carbon barel, bell and Carlson stock, 20moa rail, Mark 2.5x25x52
Sounds like the 20moa rail will work and with the 52mm bell you will probably need high rings and I prefer talley rings as they are quality and you dont want to skimp on your rings and bases

I am setting up my first long range hunting rifle just wondering what you guys prefer or recomend for rings. Also how would I know what height to get. 300 rum, 700 action, christiansen carbon barel, bell and Carlson stock, 20moa rail, Mark 2.5x25x52
I'm using Seekins lows with a scope that has a 52mm objective on a 20 MOA base. They are very strong.

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_153000.jpg
    IMG_20200229_153000.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.