HS Precision Rifle What Scope Bases or Rings? Triggers?

LDHunter

I have a chance to pick up an HS Precision rifle built by them and bought directly from them a few years ago. The price is RIGHT but the action is strange to me. I know they're known for quality stuff but the rings that are coming with it are Talleys they're 1" and although I see that they sell 30 and 40mm rings for HS rifles I usually prefer bases like NightForce and Burris XTR Signature rings.

What options do I have?

Also although the trigger is good I would like to outfit it with a better trigger. Who makes triggers for this action?

Nightforce makes bases for them. You can use a 700 base with 8-40 screws but they don't fit the ejection port perfect.

The triggers are adjustable, or at least they were on the two i had. The are offering Timney as a option when you order them now so give them a call and see if they offer them as a aftermarket part. I can't imagine needing it because the factory trigger is on par with any high end aftermarket trigger I have ever had.

Yup two piece rem 700 sa with 8x40 screws. I have nightforce bases on mine, but any brand will work. Just make sure you buy a set that has 8x40 screws.

They will take a rem700 tirgger with no safety or bolt release. The factory trigger is very good, it is equal to the standard timney trigger, and is adjustable. But you have to take the barreled action out of the stock to get to the adjustments.

Yup two piece rem 700 sa with 8x40 screws. I have nightforce bases on mine, but any brand will work. Just make sure you buy a set that has 8x40 screws.

They will take a rem700 tirgger with no safety or bolt release. The factory trigger is very good, it is equal to the standard timney trigger, and is adjustable. But you have to take the barreled action out of the stock to get to the adjustments.
Thanks.... That's exactly what I needed to hear.... I really appreciate it and owe you one... Hope this thing shoots... Just got it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.