What Range Bag is everybody using? I am in the market

2 types.
If I need to sight in a new scope I will bring a table, sled, shovel and a zip up tool bag with all the tools and instruments I need. I do my work in the quiet desert.
If just for practice a chill bag for lunch to keep my ammo in, and some tools rolled up in a piece of canvas tied to the chill bag.
I'm a simple kind of man, I don't need a lot.

Be safe, have fun.

A good size tool box.... [made in USA] , Range box has tools and many odds & lock,lubes in it. Often others ask more of it than I do. Has room for my spotting scope an tripod in bottom. ..... Just what I've always used, fit the need for me.

I use a different ones form different manufacturers depending what I am doing that day. So, rifle bag, pistol bag, plinking bag, spotting scope bag and Chronograph bag. My rifle, pistol and plinking bags also have a first aid kit in them. Having them individualized lets me make sure I have what I need, without all lot of extra stuff or time lost reorganizing before I leave.

For a general range bag, I have a couple of the 5.11 range ready bags. One is dedicated to long range. Another is for pistols. My hunting pack stays geared up year round and goes to the range when my intention is practicing for hunting, also used for PRS since I shoot matches to practice for hunting. The long range bag has 100 rds each of .223 and .308, my high volume practice caliber. Each long range rifle case has a 20rd slip top case of ammo for that rifle. If I intend to shoot more, I put another mtm box in the range bag.

I use my coyote calling backpack. It's an eberlestock lodrag I believe. I leave all range tools in it in a pouch in case a scope ring or whatever needs service, along with rear squeeze bag and bipods. Whichever caliber I bring to the range I have separate gun specific midway Molle pouches I either toss in or attach to the bag.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939199572?color=Coyote

I use an OPMOD from Optics Planet. It is spacious; has two large pockets on the back, one on the left side, two on the right side, one all the way across the front and two inside dividers, front to back, creating three sections. Also inside, across the length of the bag's rear is also a divider which holds notebooks, etc. as does the front pocket. Tried to find it on their site, but find nothing comparable. That's a bummer as it is a really great bag. Must have been a promo, I've had it about ten years. The large Midway Competition bag looks similar. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939221689

I use an Eberlestock Gunslinger2 pack; of course I've used that bag for everything for the last 6 years. It's been my hunting pack, range bag and my "mobile office" for work. A laptop fits perfectly in the rifle scabbard. LOL

I use a well-made tool bag for a range bag purchased at one of the home goods stores.
Shop around and look for bags that will meet your needs. You might save some money.

I bought an Eberlestock For the first Bushnell Sniper Challenge I shot in. Little did I know that I would just leave ALL my shooting gear (including bipod) in it and tote it as my gear bag. It works great.

I use G4Free sling chest bag as shown below. I did add headphones holder and small KUIU pouch for gloves and face mask. This chestpack is ez on and off and small enough that you don't create a 50lb pack. It even has emergency toilet paper in zip lock bag. Works great as quick rest on ground, stump or large rock. View attachment 168176
The range paper holder is a must this bag gets my vote.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.