What am I forgetting??!!

I never go anywhere without extra batteries for everything, my head light, or my wind proof butane lighter and some rope. That tough 1/4" nylon stuff and of course my leatherman. I was going to ask this same question as I leave for MT on Sat a.m. for a muley hunt

My wind proof butane lighter and also my partners did not work at 10,000 ft not shure if this is normal but a cheep lighter worked fine

I just got back from Autozone and that reminded me.
I put in a new air filter (oil and oilfilter) before I left and put another one under the seat. After driving around on dirt roads for two weeks I chucked the first one and put in the second one. Then after following Jimm around on dirt roads and rabbit trails hunting antelope, I got a third one in Gillette and put it in. Finally, just today I chucked the third one and put in a new one. That is four air filters for 9,245 miles.

If you are running a K&N, I would take it out and put in a paper one so you don't have to clean the K&N while you are hunting. Once you get into some altitude the motor will have enough trouble breathing that thin air without having to suck through a clogged air filter. It will also keep your transmission from kicking down everytime you hit a small uphill grade.

Instead of TP, I carry several travel size packages of sanitary wipes. They work much better than TP for when nature calls and can also be used for washing hands/body if it is too cold for a water bath. I have my wife to thank for that tip.

dont forget the floss. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jerky has a way of embedding itself very nicely /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

GOOD LUCK!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.