What press are you using?

Depends on what I'm doing.
2 Rock Chuckers - one mostly for case trimming with Dillon electric trimmer;
One mostly for case forming;
2 Dillon 550's- mostly rifle , one for large primers, one for small primers;
1 Dillon 650- mostly for large quantity pistol reloading.

Main reason for joining this thread is Poncness Warren makes a handy bullet seating die that takes interchangeable bushings for different caliber bullets. It has a window that you drop the bullet in and the insert bushing holds the case to line up for straight line seating. You can even crimp if you so desire. No pinched fingers and fast seating!

I've got my first true press (I have 2 sets of the 310 tong tool [357 and 11mauser) was a Rock Chucker from 1969. Ive loaded everything from 25ACP to 458 Win Mag ( I currently have over 40 sets of dies). I also have a Corbin Bullet core swaging die for a .250 core. In the past 30 years I've added a Dillon 550 press ( for a high volume production of Pistol calibers and .223 and .308 all for IPSC shooting)

I love my Rock Chucker press and wanted the old A2 but it was out of production at the time I got this one.

Last edited:
My setup. Can change presses real quick or switch out to my Vise. I like all my RCBS equipment. It serves me well and the customer service is fantastic. I switched to the smaller handle on my summit.

3045388D-2BBD-4B03-8111-2508EE6F133C.jpeg
48CC26E7-FFA3-4AEF-809E-7FE0605140C3.jpeg

How do you like the Summit as compared to conventional press? I debating between this and the rock chucker. I like that the summit will cam over. I read that the rock chucker doesn't?

Let me say that I don't like rcBS dies and a good portion of their product line BUT the summit press is great. The huge opening and bringing the die to the bullet is far easier than raising the shell holder. My concentricity is consistently sub 1.5 thousandth. I did change the bushing to hornady lnl system. This provides a little floating action like the Forster co ax. I think you'll really like the product and price.

My setup. Can change presses real quick or switch out to my Vise. I like all my RCBS equipment. It serves me well and the customer service is fantastic. I switched to the smaller handle on my summit.

View attachment 232653View attachment 232654
I like that set up. I'm leaning pretty heavy towards the Summit. Some reviews say it takes more force to size a large case then the RC or Redding ultra but others say it's marginal. Right now, just like everything else related to our hobby, it's looking like I'll be searching for a bit to find one, no matter which I decide on.