What Our Current Leadership Thinks of Our Country and Military

Eh... in the grand scheme of things this seems to incense me less than about 100 other things. At this stage of the game whatever we get we probably deserve.

It`s all part of their plan for World Order. To dismantle everything that bonds Americans together.
Lotsa other examples too....

How does it make me feel as a person who volunteered honorably for a 4 year enlistment...

DISGRUNTLED...ASHAMED.... BUT I STILL VOTE.....
AND WOULD LEAVE TOMMOROW IF CALLED....

It`s all part of their plan for World Order. To dismantle everything that bonds Americans together.
Lotsa other examples too....

How does it make me feel as a person who volunteered honorably for a 4 year enlistment...

DISGRUNTLED...ASHAMED.... BUT I STILL VOTE.....
AND WOULD LEAVE TOMMOROW IF CALLED....
No matter what China and everyone else tries to do to us. That is what they cannot take from us the American spirit! Thank you for your service.

No secret that the US Military can no longer fill the "volunteer" military even with increased incentives. The "flyover states" tend to fill the US Military and they are no longer wanted yet the high population big urban area "elites" do not want to serve. The state National Guard have become a "temp agency" constantly going on and off Active Duty tours to fill the void.

8 out of 10 "US military age males (or whatever gender they claim)" cannot serve due to obesity or criminal records.

The draft is coming back - just a question of when.

The state National Guard have become a "temp agency" constantly going on and off Active Duty tours to fill the void.
Most sign up for a weekend a month and a few weeks a year and end up deploying for a year.
They keep lowering the standards for joining and the fitness tests and still can't get volunteers.
And don't get me started on rifle qualification nowadays.

So I just read a clarification on the order:

"
Highlighting other types of flag displays, the memo covers situations like, horizontal U.S. flags and parachute demonstration teams using large U.S. flags attached, to the jumper like military units marching in community parades while carrying large flags, resulting in the flag dragging on the ground when the jumper lands. The memo reads-

"While many, including military members, view these displays as inspiring and patriotic…uniformed service members may not participate directly in the unfurling, holding, and/or carrying of giant, horizontal U.S. flags that are not displayed during community outreach events,"… "Similarly, DoD jump teams may not incorporate the U.S. flag in their public demonstrations if the flag cannot be caught reliably and handled respectfully by ground personnel during landings."
-Chris Meagher, Memo From DOD To Public Affairs Offices Of Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and National Guard
So if there is a way to catch flag so it doesn't touch the ground, it might be OK. Not sure how.

Agreed but this was never a issue before as far as I know.
If you read the article from the stars and stripes, at the very end it says

"The Pentagon's leaders have been concerned with flag protocol in recent years, addressing troops on the issue in previous memos.

In 2020, DOD issued a new policy that banned the display of unauthorized flags on military installations, buildings and vehicles. The policy was seen as effectively banning Confederate flags and other controversial banners without spelling out which flags were undesirable."

Unless you got an ear in the pentagon, who knows how long its been considered an issue. I doubt the Biden administration had much to do with it. It was more than likely some crusty old generals in the pentagon who get PO'd everytime they see a flag touch the ground. Everyone thinks its some kind of act of anti-flag/anti-patriotism when in reality, it is the exact opposite.

If you read the article from the stars and stripes, at the very end it says

"The Pentagon's leaders have been concerned with flag protocol in recent years, addressing troops on the issue in previous memos.

In 2020, DOD issued a new policy that banned the display of unauthorized flags on military installations, buildings and vehicles. The policy was seen as effectively banning Confederate flags and other controversial banners without spelling out which flags were undesirable."

Unless you got an ear in the pentagon, who knows how long its been considered an issue. I doubt the Biden administration had much to do with it. It was more than likely some crusty old generals in the pentagon who get PO'd everytime they see a flag touch the ground. Everyone thinks its some kind of act of anti-flag/anti-patriotism when in reality, it is the exact opposite.
I hate to "generalize ", pun intended, but by 2020 most of those crusty flag officers at the Pentagon had turned into politicians.

Recent Posts