What Long Range Scope to get?

The7mmSTW

I am currently finishing up my 7mm STW build, and looking to purchase a new scope to top off the rifle. I want quality, something that will last for years and years to come, and could take a beating if it ever had to(i dont plan on it, but you never know).

I have a few requirements:

1. Must have a zero stop feature

2. must have variable magnification - i dont know what power im looking for just depends, but i feel a 5-20x is roughly a good all around

Where ill be hunting my minimum shot is 200 yards

3. Im looking for a MOA style reticule with matching turrets

4. MY BUDGET IS under 2100$ to my door

5. i would like a very large internal range of adjustment, i will have a 20 MOA base on the rifle, I want to be able to zero at 200yrds and be able to take it past 1000yrds if needed.

been looking at Nightforce 5.5-22x56 with the new MOA reticle
but trying to see what else might be out there

-Matt

which models do you have? from what i have seen the 8-32x56 nXS is about 100$ more then the 5.5-22x

do you think 8x is to much for 100-200yard shot?

only other issue is the internal adjustment decrease from 100 moa to 65 moa

-matt

Both have the 5.5x22 x50mm. One has the NPR2 retical, the other, the Gunwerks G7 NF.I do think the 8x32 is too much for for short range shots and the 32x unnecessary for +1000 yard shots. I also have a Benchrest 8x32 and a 2.5x10 NF. The G7 NF is my favorite. I like the retical.

With the 7stw, you will have capability to shoot waaaaaaaaaay over there! So you will need to balance magnification with a large internal adjustment range.

The 5.5-22x50 with 100moa internal adjustment would be perfect for your situation. Get the NPR1 reticle and MOA turrets and that's a badass set up.

The 5.5-22x50 with 100moa internal adjustment would be perfect for your situation. Get the NPR1 reticle and MOA turrets and that's a badass set up.

That's the scope I have on my .300 Win Mag and you can't beat it. There's so much internal adjustment that I met a guy shooting out to 2000 yards with a x22 on a 40 MOA rail. The NP-R1 reticle is awesome. The MOAR reticle is pretty cool too, but I find it a little too distracting. It's by far the most well-built scope I've ever seen.

I've got a 8x32x56 and love it, shure I could have gone with a x22 but I wanted more mag. I can always dial back the mag if to much mirage. I've got plenty of adjustment with a 20 moa rail I can adjust farther than I'm going to shoot. I have this setup on a 7 STW also I absolutely love it. There is a pic of it in the gun photo thread under 7stw.
Kasey1

Take a look at the Huskemaw! We are on our way home from New Zealand and harvested 9 animals from 100 to 925 yadrs, dial and shoot! Try one out and you will like it!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.