What to get ??????????

crackedwindshield

I have a SPS 700 20" heavy barrel 308. The longest shot I will make will be under 400yds. I want it to be as accurate as possible. I have a 6x40 Springfield Armory scope with like 6 elevated recticles caliberated for 308 a longer barrel however but I will make do with holdover and practice. I would like a weaver or picatinny 1 piece rail. I don't know if I need steel or the cheaper aluminum. The expensive brands use steel. Also I'm trying not to spend $100 on a base and rings if at all possible. If I have to I will. I just don't know what to choose. DNZ or deadnuts,1 piece base and rings made together sound like a good idea but I don't know anything about their stuff; claims no lapping needed perfect alignment. I may go traditional dovetail......I know I'm tired of looking at all the choices. I just want 3/4 moa if possible and don't know what it takes in equipment to get it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.