what scope to get??

BigA1976

In the market for a new scope(not made in China or Philippines) not over $1000. Already have a Burris E1 Fulfield.

More info on your application would help. Type of hunting Caliber & max range Preferred method of holding off for elevation: holding off reticle sub-tensions, or dialing a turret?
Illumination?

.308... Up to 600 yards..dial turrets...longest shot I've taken was 325 yards with my 4-12x42 Burris.

save yourself some money and look at the leupold vx2s or the Nikon monarchs. Both are plenty good enough for any hunting situation and can be bought for under 500 bucks. To me the newest version of these two scopes actually are better in low light then my old conquest.

Weaver tactical 4x20x50 has Japanese glass.great turrets and can be found for under 700 if you look around. The 3x15x50 can be found for close to 600 as long as you don't want the Ill reticle in either model. If you prefer the sfp reticle the super slam series from them is the same glass. Depending on the model in the 3x15 has 70 or 100 moa of up. The 4x20 has 55 moa. This will need a 10-20moa base or the 10 or 20 moa inserts if you use the Burris signature rings.
The superslam series with the 30mm tube are limited to 41moa of travel. This may be an issue for a 308 even with the canted bases if you want to go to 1000 with some loads

Thanks..I didn't even think about Weaver...my dad used them when they were USA made..I still have 2 or 3 of them.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.