What is the lightest contour for both flutes and 5/8"-24 muzzle brake threads at 26"?

I am sorry, should have mentioned. I and the girlfriend are already deaf, me from age and her from deployment to the middle east, so no suppressor, just a brake hanging off the end.

I thought about a #5 and sending it to Kampfeld's for his wrought iron fluting, that would definitely cut off the majority of the weight. Just not sure how well I would like the wrought iron treatment. I couldn't find any really good pictures of one.

I am wanting to build a lightweight 280 Ackley to get rid of the Mossberg Patriot 7mm-08 that the girlfriend so loves. It's accurate enough for her, but the issues with the magazine are driving me crazy. The design of the stock and "bottom metal" makes it difficult to bed and it has a Muddy Girl stock that she won't let me replace with one from Boyd's.

I figure I can load it down to 7mm-08 levels and mirror the weight and save on multiple component costs. I have an extra Tenacity long action since I changed my mind and went with another Anti on one of the new builds.
Bugholes does fluting, look them up

If I remember correctly last I spoke to Bartlein they mentioned.725 muzzle as minimum for a 5/8x24, a #3 Bartlein went with a 9/16x24. Bartlein as well as other barrel companies show their contours in the web sites. A little research and a few phone calls should get you some answers. As well as asking on this forum. Best to you.

I already have a Brux #5 in the toolbox, I think a trip to Kampfeld is in it's future. Brian from Pucker Factor Precision texted me yesterday and said my Anti Action is on it's way to him. Now if the reamers, last stock, triggers and last Hawkins DBM set will ship, I can get started on some projects and blow more money! 🤣🤣🤣🤣 😭

Recent Posts