What is the deal with NO .410 Shot Shells.

We don't have a .410 but always wanted to get a Rem 1100 in .410 with Chokes. My neighbor has been shooting Armadillos at night in his yard with a 100+ year old single shot .410. He is running out of .410 Ammo and asked us for some. I looked all over this area (East Ga) and no luck. there is everything from 28, 20, 12, and even some 16, but no .410.
Has the .410 Ammo shortage been going on a long time?

We don't have a .410 but always wanted to get a Rem 1100 in .410 with Chokes. My neighbor has been shooting Armadillos at night in his yard with a 100+ year old single shot .410. He is running out of .410 Ammo and asked us for some. I looked all over this area (East Ga) and no luck. there is everything from 28, 20, 12, and even some 16, but no .410.
GunBroker is full of what you want !!

Thanks for the info.
Our friend Walter is going to send us some to give to our neighbor so he can shoot the armadillos around his house.
Happy Thanksgiving!
My wife told me not to try shooting armadillos because many people have been hurt by the projectiles ricocheting off, and you can't kill them by shooting them. So, I set out live catch traps in an elaborate set up after hours of study from trapping experts. I'm not as patient with trapping as I used to be. With all the reloading testing that goes on, I had to apply my curiosity to test the ricochet theory…. It is not true. I also chose the .410 with 6 shot. Works great!

My wife told me not to try shooting armadillos because many people have been hurt by the projectiles ricocheting off, and you can't kill them by shooting them. So, I set out live catch traps in an elaborate set up after hours of study from trapping experts. I'm not as patient with trapping as I used to be. With all the reloading testing that goes on, I had to apply my curiosity to test the ricochet theory…. It is not true. I also chose the .410 with 6 shot. Works great!
22LR doesn't ricochet 😎

yes, but i believe there is some in the making. It's just god awful expensive too.
,410 scarcity started to show about the same time that .22LR got scarce. 22LR has recovered but not .410 Years back I tried reloading some for my son and I could not get one good crimp out of 100. Ballistic Products sells reloading components for .410 if you are interested.

IMG_6122.jpeg

It's the same where I'm at. I now work at a hardware/gun/gas/liquor/etc store (small town, one stop shop haha). I have had to tell probably two dozen different people in the last month that we have no 410 and no idea when they'll be sending any our way.

Last I was in one of the LGS, they had cases of 410. I do not recall the price. I'm happy to see what the price was if it would help some folks out. They also had a BEAUTIFUL Rizzini 410 O/U.

I enjoy my little NEF .410 single shot but its use is certainly limited and more novelty at this point (it was a gift many years ago from my father as my first shotgun). It'll go out in the field for some backyard clays or occasionally on a squirrel hunt if I feel like giving the rimfires a rest. I've kicked around picking up an O/U 410 though for some more fun on the five stand and trap fields.

I've thought about buying a 410 for dispatching snakes, but had no idea of the high cost of shells. Armadillos are a real problem where I live. A 22LR will do the job effectively. As Len mentioned, they do jump like a spring when shot. The buzzards really like them after a couple of days laying dead in the woods.
IMG_0430.jpeg

Recent Posts