What is the deal with NO .410 Shot Shells.

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
We don't have a .410 but always wanted to get a Rem 1100 in .410 with Chokes. My neighbor has been shooting Armadillos at night in his yard with a 100+ year old single shot .410. He is running out of .410 Ammo and asked us for some. I looked all over this area (East Ga) and no luck. there is everything from 28, 20, 12, and even some 16, but no .410.
Has the .410 Ammo shortage been going on a long time?

We may have some in the hardware store my cousin owns here in SC but the price has gotten to the point that it just doesn't sell.
I have a Mec 9000 progressive 410 loader but it's finicky. I own 4 9000s including one Auto Mate in 12. I very much prefer to load the 410 shells with a single stage and at store prices you recover what you spend on the loader quickly.
PS. Don't buy an 1100 right now. Remington Shotgun parts are non existent and extremely expensive. There are a lot of scalpers out there that bought up all the available parts and are demanding ridiculous prices. I would wait until someone gets up and running and producing aftermarket parts. I have heard rumors that may be in the works. I work on a lot of Remingtons 1100,1187,870 and it's just crazy right now.

Last edited:
Showing available at midway

Attachments

• F72913EF-BFE9-46E4-90BC-88A818E9E66C.png
    F72913EF-BFE9-46E4-90BC-88A818E9E66C.png
    48.2 KB · Views: 120
We may have some in the hardware store my cousin owns here in SC but the price has gotten to the point that it just doesn't sell.
I have a Mec 9000 progressive 410 loader but it's finicky. I own 4 9000s including one Auto Mate in 12. I very much prefer to load the 410 shells with a single stage and at store prices you recover what you spend on the loader quickly.
PS. Don't buy an 1100 right now. Remington Shotgun parts are non existent and extremely expensive. There are a lot of scalpers out there that bought up all the available parts and are demanding ridiculous prices. I would wait until someone gets up and running and producing aftermarket parts. I have heard rumors that may be in the works. I work on a lot of Remingtons 1100,1187,870 and it's just crazy right now.
Thanks

I see you are in neighboring Georgia. I don't know if you are near a sporting clays range that sells ammunition or not. They usually limit sales to outside folks that won't shoot them on the course. But, most will generally keep a small supply of 2.5" number 8s or 9s to use in sub gauge sporting events or release quail hunts. I know forest city is in Savannah, The Meadows is near Forsyth I believe. And Old Hudson is near Sparta or Milledgeville. Plus Big Red Oak is near Gay, I believe. No pun intended. Might be worth a call if you are close. I used to reload them for under $2.50/box
at current component prices they run me $5.79/box. Thanks to Brandon

I see you are in neighboring Georgia. I don't know if you are near a sporting clays range that sells ammunition or not. They usually limit sales to outside folks that won't shoot them on the course. But, most will generally keep a small supply of 2.5" number 8s or 9s to use in sub gauge sporting events or release quail hunts. I know forest city is in Savannah, The Meadows is near Forsyth I believe. And Old Hudson is near Sparta or Milledgeville. Plus Big Red Oak is near Gay, I believe. No pun intended. Might be worth a call if you are close. I used to reload them for under $2.50/box
at current component prices they run me $5.79/box. Thanks to Brandon
Thanks for the info.
Our friend Walter is going to send us some to give to our neighbor so he can shoot the armadillos around his house.
Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks for the info.
Our friend Walter is going to send us some to give to our neighbor so he can shoot the armadillos around his house.
Happy Thanksgiving!
10/4. Those things are a pain. Traps are about $160 online but you can build them pretty cheap out of pallet wood And they work once you get the scent in there. I have some pics of the traps if you want and can likely get dimensions

10/4. Those things are a pain. Traps are about $160 online but you can build them pretty cheap out of pallet wood And they work once you get the scent in there. I have some pics of the traps if you want and can likely get dimensions
I tried some live traps but never worked. any info will help. we have a lot of armadillos on our property too. They are like mini hogs digging up our yard. What scent???
Do not think we can ever get rid of all of them. They have big litters. This past spring I was in the back woods and saw 8-9 little Cantaloupes bouncing around. I got my pistol out and they all hopped into holes. When they feel threatened or shot at they can jump about 4' straight up in the air like a flea and then take off. They do have very poor eyesight.
When Samson was in his prime he would catch a few every month.
Thanks much in advance
Happy Thanksgiving.