What is my problem? Pic inside.

CRNA

So I decided to full length size my 7RM brass today. I had been only neck sizing for the last couple of reloads. My brass was getting a little hard to extract even though I had dropped my charge weight by a considerable amount while playing with loads. I lubed the cases with Imperial Sizing Wax, and I get this (see pic below). Of note, I can run my brass through the die if the expander ball assembly is out, but when I put the expander ball back in I get this. I lubed the inside case mouths. The FL die is a Forster bench rest.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g309/screamin_chief/IMG_3325.jpg

Have you ever fl sized your cases with this die? I would measure your expander ball and make sure theres no burrs or something that is catching the case mouth.

Have you ever fl sized your cases with this die? I would measure your expander ball and make sure theres no burrs or something that is catching the case mouth.

Yes, I have FL sized the same cases with the same die. Didn't have the problem at all. The expander ball looked smooth, but I will check it a little closer.

it is a little hard for me to tell but it kind of looks like that is trying to crimp the end some. back off your die 1/8 or so from the bottom and try to size another.

Ok, figured it out after I had time to think it over. I pulled the die apart and found that the expander ball was positioned incorrectly in the die. It was the same die that I had the stuck case in several months ago and apparently I was so glad to have gotten that case out that I forgot to properly position the expander ball.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.