What is Burris xtr ii glass comparable to?

DJ Fergus

Looking to see if anyone has compared an xtr ii to a Nikon fx1000. I have two of the fx1000s, a sightron s-tac Philippines made, Cronus btr and a Japan made vortex intrepid. I know the xtr ii is not going to be in the ballpark with the Cronus but I'm just wondering if it's close to my Nikon's because they are great for the price. I'm possibly interested in buying an xtr ii.

I have 2 XTR II's and, comparing to what I do own, they are a smidgen better than a Sightron SIII to my eyes. I find the glass is quite good in them and they seem to track very well.

I have 2 XTR II's and, comparing to what I do own, they are a smidgen better than a Sightron SIII to my eyes. I find the glass is quite good in them and they seem to track very well.
That makes me more confident in the xtr ii if it's close to Siii glass.

I compared the xtrii to the pst Gen2 next to each other a couple times at different stores and the pst Gen2 was clearer in my opinion. I did like the xtrii, though. No experience with the Nikon, sorry.

I have two of the Xtr ii , both on 338 'a I really like them . No trouble see through but i wear glasses . I would buy them again ! They will be used alot here hunting Shortly . They do seem to be a touch darker then my Vortex Razor .
Good Luck !

Rum Man

Looking to see if anyone has compared an xtr ii to a Nikon fx1000. I have two of the fx1000s, a sightron s-tac Philippines made, Cronus btr and a Japan made vortex intrepid. I know the xtr ii is not going to be in the ballpark with the Cronus but I'm just wondering if it's close to my Nikon's because they are great for the price. I'm possibly interested in buying an xtr ii.
Same as your Nikon....just nicer reticle... I have the Burris...two buddies the Nikon's..I can't see a difference worth mentioning....

For the money the pst2 is really hard to beat for glass. Very bright and crisp to the edges with really nice turrets. I too think it's better glass than the Burris. I have not looked at an f1000 but have several monarchs and they just don't compare to the vipers. I'm sure if you bought the xtr you would be pleased with it.
Shep

I have two 6-24x50 fx1000s. From the factory, one seems brighter than the other. I cleaned the lenses on the lesser bright fx1000 and now it seems brighter than the other. But when I compared the FX1000 to the pst g2 in the store, the fx looked a smidgen better to my eyes. It's possible that I could compare the two again and come up with a different opinion. I think the two are really close.

Im sure the xtr ii , fx1000, and PST g2 are all made in the same factory in the Philippines : Scopro.

Most Burris scopes are assembled in the Phillippines with some still assembled in the U.S.A. All the parts are manufactured in the Phillippines, though; as reported. Beretta Holdings has been owner of Burris and Steiner since ~2008 - 2009.

For the money the pst2 is really hard to beat for glass. Very bright and crisp to the edges with really nice turrets. I too think it's better glass than the Burris. I have not looked at an f1000 but have several monarchs and they just don't compare to the vipers. I'm sure if you bought the xtr you would be pleased with it.
Shep

Agreed PST is a competition killer. Great optic

The Burris has ok glass, but is virtually indestructible. Compared to similar optics in its range, I would pick it if going on a heavy recoil rifle, or one that's going to get bumped around. Out of all the scopes mentioned, this feature would make me choose it.

I have all the those scopes. I can't hardly tell the difference. I go for the weight, power ranges and turrets you like best. I really like my xtr ii. Best turrets out of the scopes you mentioned. I am looking for a vortex intrepid if you're interested in selling yours.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.