What ia the best long range scope you have used ?

after using a lot of scopes, I settled for a pair of kahles 624i as my Long Range scopes. They perform flawlessly and the optics are superb. I do have a pair of viper pst gen 2 for my range (practice) guns, zeiss and Swarovski for my short range hunting guns but to stretch out the distance I prefer my kahles scopes.

A 20 yrd or less shoot through a 7x scope with a 35mm maintube might have a better/bigger sight picture/ field of view over that tiny 1" main that Nikon 6.5x had

I sure noticed a huge improvement going from a VX3 6.5x with a 30mm main.

For me....the 35x on the high-end really helps on plus 500 yrd shots with my eyes

I get to shoot to 1000 yrds with two co-workers. One having a NF NSX, the other a SB PM II. On our all group of three we feel all three scopes have very similar high quality glass. When shooting to beyond 800...only my scope can spot the hits with it's 35x.

jjw
ND
Explain to me how a 35mm main tube provides a better/bigger sight picture/field of view over a 1" tube. I'm listening.

I have used Nightforce and March. March has a crappy warranty; I bent the tube after I knocked my rifle over and they charged me $700 to fix it.

Of the two, I would pick Nightforce; only issue is weight.

I used to use Leupold; anyone who says they are the best hasn't used Nightforce or March.
Can you give us a little more detail on this? When did this occur? What model March scope was it that you broke? How did you break it?

The March warranty is 10 years, regardless of ownership and even after 10 years, if it's something that was wrong with the manufacture of the scope they will fix it for free. If you use it to lift a car to change a tire, that's different.

Surprised nobody has mentioned Sightron Siii. I can only shoot out to 800 yards, but have been very happy with my 8-32x56. It seems to track very accurately along with very good glass. Great scopes for the price, better than my PSTII 5-25x.

Think his horse fell on it.Dont know ,but them ponies good at breaking stuff.Had one break my stock and dent tube good.Another bashed me off a tree,thought it broke my leg,but got lucky.I saw a Hensolt for sale on here recent,Ill just dream...

Had a Sightron S3 10-50x60 on my LR rifle, shot out to 1000 metres with it on a 260 rem.
I think for the coin the glass is great.
Looked through it & a March 50x target scope side by side at the range one day & imo the S3 was just as good until it go right up until you hit 50x on the S3 which it gets a bit of a blueish tinge in the glass.

50x was more than needed really but a major downfall was no zero stop so just sold it & replaced it with a Leupold LRP

Had a Sightron S3 10-50x60 on my LR rifle, shot out to 1000 metres with it on a 260 rem.
I think for the coin the glass is great.
Looked through it & a March 50x target scope side by side at the range one day & imo the S3 was just as good until it go right up until you hit 50x on the S3 which it gets a bit of a blueish tinge in the glass.

50x was more than needed really but a major downfall was no zero stop so just sold it & replaced it with a Leupold LRP
That March 50X52 was produced in 2008, IIRC. That's fairly ancient in top tier optics as a lot has changed in the last 12 years. Compared to current March scopes, it's like a current production Sightron or Leupold.

I have hunted 53 years and scopes have gotten better by leaps and bounds .I started with Bushnell in 1973 .I had so many problems with them I lost total trust in them .I finally got a Nikon 3x9 for my first 338 win mag which had destroyed 3 scopes quickly .I got more Nikon scopes only one out of 40 failed and it was replaced .Then when I went to Alaska I bought 416 rem mag that was light 7 pounds and a scope eater destroying a Burris posilock in one shot so I stuck a Nikon on it and it lasted over 1000 shots and never messed up .I tried Leopold twice but I swear the Nikon waa alot clearer and I saw the crosshairs better .The 338-378 weatherby really needed a bigger scope so I got the Nikon 6.5x20 power which worked awesome .
I am wanting to now shoot even further than before mostly at deer now .I want to try my 260 rem for up to 400 yards and the 264 win mag for up to 600 yards .I hope these new Nikon 6x24x50 scopes work good .This is new territory for me .I wish I could try some other scopes too I sure hate seeing Nikon go out of the scope business

I have hunted 53 years and scopes have gotten better by leaps and bounds .I started with Bushnell in 1973 .I had so many problems with them I lost total trust in them .I finally got a Nikon 3x9 for my first 338 win mag which had destroyed 3 scopes quickly .I got more Nikon scopes only one out of 40 failed and it was replaced .Then when I went to Alaska I bought 416 rem mag that was light 7 pounds and a scope eater destroying a Burris posilock in one shot so I stuck a Nikon on it and it lasted over 1000 shots and never messed up .I tried Leopold twice but I swear the Nikon waa alot clearer and I saw the crosshairs better .The 338-378 weatherby really needed a bigger scope so I got the Nikon 6.5x20 power which worked awesome .
I am wanting to now shoot even further than before mostly at deer now .I want to try my 260 rem for up to 400 yards and the 264 win mag for up to 600 yards .I hope these new Nikon 6x24x50 scopes work good .This is new territory for me .I wish I could try some other scopes too I sure hate seeing Nikon go out of the scope business
I have hunted for 58 years And have never had an issue with a Leupold scope. I bought my first one in 1964 and my most recent one in 2019. I bought a Nikon in the 70's and a rimfire Nikon in 2018. They are fine. The Leupold HDs however are much brighter than the best scope Nikon ever made. I'm really curious what model Leupolds you had. For deer out to 1,000+ yards, consider a 6.5 PRC.

Have Night Force ATACR 5-25x56, and 7-35x56. both are very good all around, and in low light. My favorite otherwise is the Trijicon 4.5-30x56. At about half the price of NF, the glass is very clear, and close to the same low light performance. All are a bit weighty (5-20 @27oz., 7-35@39oz., 4.5-30@36oz.). Can't go wrong with any of them.

VX3 4-14, that was replaced by a Swarovski z3 3-12 which was way brighter and a scope I would highly recommend if someone doesn't mind SFP, and I recently sold that and replaced it with a S&B to get a FFP.
I have looked through the 4.5-14 30 min after sunset and thought it was good. Eyes are different - tough to write off a company because one of its lower end scopes...