what happened?

I agree with the above comments for cleaning and I also bought the baffle removal tool from Dakota. The removal tool helps a lot, I clean periodically and probably over clean just like my guns.
I have had trouble when cleaning with a sonic cleaner the finish on the lettering and tube was removed. All of my cans are Dakota/Mack Brothers and this has happened to every one of them.
One of the best cleaners for carbon on the baffles has been an orange hand cleaner, it just makes them sparkle like new with very little effort. I also use this in the tube for initial cleaning. It cleans what the sonic cleaner will not.
Just scrub it on with a tooth brush and wipe off with a towel?

Yes, I roll it around with my fingers also, towel/rag and brush. I found a cheap round brush from the hardware store to match the inside diameter of the tube.
I can't take claim to this my gun builder told me a bout the trick after we were fine tuning a rifle with the suppressor.

I don't have a suppressor...but curious....
Would spraying the internals with PAM used for cooking help to reduce the cleaning time if the internal can and baffles....?
Just curious....

If you have trouble unscrewing a suppressor spray generously with some carbon cleaner and deepfreeze the can for a few hours. Should work fine. Apply some moly grease on threads to avoid this.

problem fixed, Silencer Central got it apart. the problem was a lack of information on the salesman's part. he showed me last Sept how to take to take it apart and line up the index marks but failed to tell me that at the bottom of the tube there there was also an index mark to fall into so I put it back together and the baffles did not index at the bottom and tilted and did not tighten all the way. good thing I only shot my 6mm and 204 or I might have had a baffle strike but everything looks good, now working on clean up. SC recommends clean every 100 rounds but have not heard about them not coming apart if going over 100 rounds, but this is new to me. thanks Jim
Great it was fixed relatively easy. Just curious though,( I don't have/use a Silencer) are the instructions for the unit clear on the index marks and the alignment of those marks ?

they just go together. also my wife suggested using Awesome cleaner from Dollar Tree in the sonic cleaner and see how it works, after 10 minutes I was shocked came out almost new clean and at 1.00 for a 32 oz bottle.one of the tabs on one baffle was damaged when I got it apart and today I spoke to a guy at Mack Brothers and he said next time I am by there bring in my stamp the can and he will fix me up with a new baffle and give me a tour or their shop. also he said to put anti seize on the outside of the baffles and that will help them to come out easier

I don't have a suppressor...but curious....
Would spraying the internals with PAM used for cooking help to reduce the cleaning time if the internal can and baffles....?
Just curious....
Probably not, i went through a process with pure silicone trying to coat the baffles of my 22 cans. Cant really say if it made a difference or not, so i wont be doing it again. The only cans that need to be cleaned are those used for 22lr or other handguns, 9mm or 45etc. Cleaning a can can used for rifles is a waste of time. If it was necessary all the big names would have user servicable rifle suppressors. I have had my hands on the banish 30 and wasn't impressed, worst 1st rd pop out of a 300 bo. Other then that it looked solid and well made.

I agree with the above comments for cleaning and I also bought the baffle removal tool from Dakota. The removal tool helps a lot, I clean periodically and probably over clean just like my guns.
I have had trouble when cleaning with a sonic cleaner the finish on the lettering and tube was removed. All of my cans are Dakota/Mack Brothers and this has happened to every one of them.
One of the best cleaners for carbon on the baffles has been an orange hand cleaner, it just makes them sparkle like new with very little effort. I also use this in the tube for initial cleaning. It cleans what the sonic cleaner will not.
I don't quite fallow on the orange hand cleaner. I am taking that the cleaner is from auto part house.

Glad I have a Thunderbeast. They say no cleaning needed! I have about 2k rounds through my Ultra 7 so far. And probably 1k through my Ultra 9.

Every suppressor has carbon buildup and will need cleaned at some point. After it has gained 2-3 ounces of carbon buildup that is usually the time to clean. Even a thunderbeast will need cleaned at some point according to there website.