What distances have you pushed a stock Remington 700 ultimate out to

Ndjones

What distances have you taken a Remington 700 ultimate out to? last year my gf shot a nice bull at 343yds running 100gr of Bh by weight and a Parker match 300gr, what have others pushed them out to, either hunting or on paper

How Accurate are your groups at 300 yards with 100gr by weight of BH209 and a Parker Match 300gr?

What's the KE of the bullet at 343 yards?

I'm very interested in what you and others have and are trying to accomplish. I'd very much like to have a 350 yards weapon suitable for hunting elk and smaller species. Just dialing in my 700 UML now.

The Match Hunter is a good bullet, but better suited for shooting smokeless, of course from rifles designed to shoot smokeless. The Black Max is an outstanding bullet and IMO better suited for Ultimate rifles (UF or RUM). During a number of conversations I had with Bob over Ultimate rifles, for hunting he always steered me away from the Match Hunter.

However.... if you run the Match Hunter through a ballistics app, using the posted BC and 2,300fps, yes the BC for the bullet was determined at SML speeds, here's the data.

Capture Match Hunter at 2300fps.JPG

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.