What bullet in 7mmRM for big game in short/long range

paal_erik_norway

My plan was to use Berger Hunting VLD 7mm/168grs in my new hunting rifle (Blaser R93 Proffesional), but that bullet is hard to get in Norway at this time. So i need to look at another bullet. And i'm thinking of Nosler Accubond 160grs. My hunting for this caliber are going to be:

Moose up to 650ponds inside 200meter (230yrd)
Red deer up to 350pounds inside 500meter (550yrd)
Black Bear for the first time in BC/Canada in june-2010.

My first hunt for this new rifle and bullet are going to be in Scotland after Roe buck in may-2010.

My main longrange rifle is a Sauer SSG3000 cal.6,5-284, in this rifle i use Hornady A-max 140grs @ 2950fps with great succes out to 700yrd +/-, but it's to heavy for stalking all day. Thats the reason for my new hunting rifle.

Anybody have another suggestions on bullet choice? I need one with high BC and precision, and i can not think of another bullet that will fit... And i have been reading alot of youre comments of the Accubond.

160 grain accubonds will do a Canadian moose out to 500 yards. so that bullet will do fine on the black bear. I took my 7mm rem mag shooting 160 grain accubonds confidently for black bear last year. Unfortunately i only say 1 well technically 4 but it was a mother, and when i set up and just about to pull the trigger her 3 cubs walked out. I let her go thinking it would be the smart and ethical thing to do. Will be going again this year but for longer unless i draw a moose tag. But this time i will be taking my 300. wsm.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.