Speer Impact Big Game Bonded Bullet

Sounds much like the accubond. I have not used them but have had excellent accuracy in the past from speer rifle bullets. I would not hesitate to use them.

Anyone have any experience with this bullet?
Don't remember Speer having a bonded bullet bullet before.
The discontinued deep curl and the gold dot come to mind as bonded speers. And I'm 90 percent sure they make the bonded "fusion" bullet for federal. In fact, the way they describe the impact leads me to conclude that it's for all intents and purposes a tipped fusion bullet. Which means it ought to be a fine big game bullet!

We'll have to have a showdown between the Nosler accubond, hornady interbond, swift scirocco 2, and Speer impact sometime. One tipped boat tail bonded bullet to rule them all!!! 🤣

The federal trophy bonded and tlr bullets are a domain of their own. The accubond long range is enough of a "niche" bullet that it need not apply to this face off. Speer only seems to have 3 "impact" offerings so far…I'm sure more must be coming, we'll wait a bit haha.

The Speer product guide lists the Impact as a molecular bonded (ie plated) bullet. They use this same process for the Fusion and Gold Dot bullets. This is different from the HotCor which is molten lead injected into a drawn jacket with flux before final die forming. Traditional cup/core bullets are lead wire pushed into a partially drawn jacket with lube, then formed in dies to the final product. The plating bullets generally don't shed their jacket material, where the cup/core usually need something added to them (cannelure, discs, etc.) to keep them mechanically together.

The Impact literature seems to indicate it's basically a Fusion with a polymer tip to increase ballistic coefficient and help with mushrooming at reduced velocity downrange. If the bullet stays together well that would be a nice change from their traditional boat tail bullets which have a habit of rapid unpeeling at short range.

Here is a review of the bullet from Midway. 172 gr took an elk

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2023-07-18 15-20-09.png
    Screenshot from 2023-07-18 15-20-09.png
    25.5 KB · Views: 400
And here is a recent review from Natchez:

Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems

Review by THone on 26 Jun 2023review stating Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems
I got the 2 boxes of 190 grain .308 cal Speer Impact bullets timely and opened a box to check them out. The nose area of the bullet has obvious crimp markings from the tip being installed in the lead core I presume. The plating does not smooth these marks so I am concerned the BC and possibly accuracy will be affected.

Bottom line - The bRead more about review stating Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems
ullets are priced too high for the quality of projectiles I received. They were not listed as blems or 2nd's, so I am disappointed. I will try them anyway as I always had great success with 190's out of my 300 win. I may update later depending on results. Read Less