Speer Impact Big Game Bonded Bullet

And here is a recent review from Natchez:

Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems

Review by THone on 26 Jun 2023review stating Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems
I got the 2 boxes of 190 grain .308 cal Speer Impact bullets timely and opened a box to check them out. The nose area of the bullet has obvious crimp markings from the tip being installed in the lead core I presume. The plating does not smooth these marks so I am concerned the BC and possibly accuracy will be affected.

Bottom line - The bRead more about review stating Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems
ullets are priced too high for the quality of projectiles I received. They were not listed as blems or 2nd's, so I am disappointed. I will try them anyway as I always had great success with 190's out of my 300 win. I may update later depending on results. Read Less
Now I'm worried!
I'll post as soon as mine come in.

Now I'm worried!
I'll post as soon as mine come in.
No need to worry Rooster, took a pronghorn and a b tag mule deer with the 140gr 6.5 bullet and they worked great, I've shot the 172gr from a 300WSM and they shot real well, something to note, they build pressure faster than other bullets and I had to lower charge weights by close to a grain. CS here in town has 'em in stock.

No need to worry Rooster, took a pronghorn and a b tag mule deer with the 140gr 6.5 bullet and they worked great, I've shot the 172gr from a 300WSM and they shot real well, something to note, they build pressure faster than other bullets and I had to lower charge weights by close to a grain. CS here in town has 'em in stock.
Got it.Instead of ordering more I buy local.I know most of the guys at C S.
When the one's I ordered come in I'll check them out.

Seems like the bullets I got are seconds/blems
ullets are priced too high for the quality of projectiles I received.
Interesting that they believe they are pricey!
Midway USA has em 50 for $25.89 for the 190's
Wonder what bullets that reviewer normally buys? 🙄
I would never let a couple bad reviews sway me. Speer hot cor worked well in my 280 and now working up some 130 grain HC in my 7-08

Interesting that they believe they are pricey!

Wonder what bullets that reviewer normally buys? 🙄
I would never let a couple bad reviews sway me. Speer hot cor worked well in my 280 and now working up some 130 grain HC in my 7-08
Me too birddog 68,no way to count the number of animals I have taken with Hot core bullets in 308,30-06,300 savage and 243.Most all died on the spot!

Any theories on why they might build pressure fast?

I'm away from home at the moment, but I have posted before regarding the Speer Impact being slightly oversized when I mic them. They also could be harder and not compress as easy as a standard cup and core. When I get home I'll take some measurements and post. I've been shooting the 140gr from a Creedmoor with RL26 and a touch over 46grs is where I started seeing pressure in a stock Tikka barrel.

I got around to shooting the 140 impact in my 6.5 creed with rl26. I stopped at a velocity of 2975 as the primer was starting to flatten but no ejector marks and no bolt resistance. At 10thou of the lands it's shooting about 3/4" groups at 200yds.
Should make for a heck of a low recoil hunting round.
Need to take it out to distance and verify BC. Seems like .526 would be a little on the low side for a 140gr 6.5 bullet