Speers new 190 impact bullet

I may try the Speers when my 190 gr. Hornady interlock boat tails are gone. 50 grains of IMR 4064 works great with these 190's in 30-06 BAR. Cycles the action without fail and an honest 2650 fps. I get the occasional 1" group. It's a long beautiful bullet.

Appreciate the feed back. Some very good data. Seems like there is something to experiment with here. I hope it shoots good out of my refurbished rifle when its done

Steelflight: Finally got around to some more testing on the 190 Impact in my Sendero 300WM. I pulled back velocity to be about 3067 (RL26) which it was close for two 5 shot seating depth tests. One was 3066 fps and other 3067 fps as average of 5 shots. I loaded one group at 0.020 off and other at 0.010 off. The 0.020 did not impress at about 1.3" at 100 yards. However, the 0.010 was huge improvement at 0.787 for 5 shots. This is off a plain wooden table in my back yard so I am very pleased with a group like that so far. I need to tweak a little bit more since my ES was avg of 28 and SD 12. But this bullet definitely has my attention with the BC of 0.597 (however that is measured is unknown as yet). I plan on moving velocity up a bit closer to 3100 and staying around the 0.010 to see how it does then.

Thanks for getting in the mud for us. Lol. I like that turn out. Can't wait to try in my rifle.

I can order them online. Midwayusa DID have them. If I live just a bit closer I might have helped you out. Lol

Ive always had a suspicion that Speer & Sierra was somehow in some sort of partnership. I know that they were both owned by ATK previously. Some of Speer & Sierra's bullets are near identical.

Sooo finally got to testing these, ADG brass Fed215GM primer and settled on 74.5 grains of RL-26, awesome grouping and very consistent. The best load to come out of this rifle. I also did the standard (not very scientific) wet newspaper test and it came out@ 112 grains. This is a pretty tough test @ 80 yards. Its subjective I know but I wanted to see how the bonding worked and I am impressed.
190 Impact.jpg

Sooo finally got to testing these, ADG brass Fed215GM primer and settled on 74.5 grains of RL-26, awesome grouping and very consistent. The best load to come out of this rifle. I also did the standard (not very scientific) wet newspaper test and it came out@ 112 grains. This is a pretty tough test @ 80 yards. Its subjective I know but I wanted to see how the bonding worked and I am impressed.View attachment 300560
Too bad these haven't been available for a year or so! I was hoping to try them but there's no telling when they might pop up again.