Bullet impact on paper?

yes...all the 3 the same...it must be the higher bullet is the faster bullet

I don't think you can say that...the barrel harmonics can dictate a higher POI as well. In theory, if all other variables are equal (which would be impossible in the real world), then I think it would be definitive, but too many other variables are in play.

I think it may be likely, but without a chrono, it is a guess. Or, conversely, you could shoot it at different distances and see how they compare.

You guys are over thinking this, having the same zero height and the same bullet shot in the same environmental condition the higher bullet strike is the faster round.

You guys are over thinking this, having the same zero height and the same bullet shot in the same environmental condition the higher bullet strike is the faster round.

What if the muzzle angle is not fixed due to the harmonics? I will admit this discussion may be more theoretical than actual, but the harmonics could change the bullet angle...how much I really can't say, but in theory, different powder charges will alter the barrel angle due to harmonics.

Not true. I even gave an example with picture above, and I've seen it more than once. Depending on barrel harmonics a faster load may actually hit lower than a slower one.

You guy are totally correct about barrel harmonics and exit timing, saw it yesterday in a 300 Win mag BUT that has no bearing on bullet trajectory AFTER zeroing which he stated both were zeroed, so after zeroing it becomes a purely ballistic solution.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.