What’s your five? 5 Calibers to do it all...

I believe your question is answered in the first post

My 5 calibers would be 33 30 28 26 and 24😉

Ya, it's interesting. There is so much more to it than just the cartridge though... I find myself wondering how some of these rifles would be setup. How would you configure that H&H, for example?
In a medium to heavy sporter barrel profile with the best set of rings money can buy and a 1.5-6 or 8, 3-9, 2.5-10 power scope with good eye relief. If you get all up in that dude it will kiss you good morning and you want even know it happen. No tip or nothing!😂 I don't recommend letting your maiden voyage be from a bench rest position. I'd shoot it standing up!😁 The one in the photo is a Sako 85 classic with a Leupold vxIII 3.5-10x50 with a heavy German #1 reticle (no longer offered) in Leupold/Sako rings. This is the softest shooting 375 I have ever owned. I often shoot it freehand from a bench. On the other hand I have a custom pre 64 Winchester m70 safari heavy barrel gun with a Zeist Davaria 1.5-6 on it that will shoot sub moa but I shoot it standing up and it usually takes a day or two to get over it.🤣🤣🤣 weighs about 2-3 pounds more than the Sako. Everyone of them is different. The action and the way the stock is bedded in the big boys matters a lot. Choose wisely!!!😁 Trajectory on one is about the same as an 06 with 180gr pills but it pushes 260-300 gr pills. The one in the photo is set up to shoot out to 300 yards. On anything I would shoot with it I would not shoot any further than 400.

Attachments

• 97B3D1E0-3995-4893-BF36-328E4B227CD7.jpeg
    97B3D1E0-3995-4893-BF36-328E4B227CD7.jpeg
    493.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
5 ? Only 5? Really ? 5 !! I i think i have to puke !

17 hmr
22lr
223 wylde
260 rem or creed
a 6.5 WSM or other magnum
375 h&h or 416 Rig
10 mm pistol

sorry i suck at counting !

Hey guys,

I've been watching our threads for a while now and curiosity has got the best of me. With so many great choices out there for LRH which cartridges and calibers really set themselves apart from the rest, if any? Which ones make almost everyone's must have list? The reality is most people can't afford a half dozen rifles or more, so if you had the opportunity to hunt the world for everything from groundhogs to elephants and were limited to 5 cartridges or less what would they be? Just curious which ones consistently rise to the top and if any of the new Gucci cartridges make the cut or we wind up sticking with the tried and true. Feel free to state your reason or uses for each cartridge. I am not looking for a debate. There are no wrong answers. Everyone has there favorites. Just curious if there is any consistency? I think it could help some of the new guys narrow there choices when selecting their next cartridge....

I'll start! 308, 270 win, 300 WIn Mag, 338 RUM, 375 H&H. What are your though
7 LRM favorite
28 Nosler
300 PRC
6.5 PRC
416 Rem