What’s your favorite caliber for deer?

Started off w a 6mm Rem 40 years ago & was very satisfied w that rifle for a lot of years. Went to to the 30-06 & that never lasted long, on to the 270 win & was just OK w that. On to the 6.5 grendel for 5 years or so. Then the 6mm ARC this last fall. The 6mm caliber is surly my favorite.

Last edited:
"Favorite" is a temporary thing for me. Granted I am a 30 and 284 fan. My favorite is really the next one I'm wanting. I've moved toward lighter rifles as I get older. I still love those heavy tack drivers when at the bench, but give me my light 308 when heading on a trek into the woods. Wait, that light weight 280ai I'm building will probably be my new favorite until my next project surfaces. I have issues…..

"Favorite" is a temporary thing for me. Granted I am a 30 and 284 fan. My favorite is really the next one I'm wanting. I've moved toward lighter rifles as I get older. I still love those heavy tack drivers when at the bench, but give me my light 308 when heading on a trek into the woods. Wait, that light weight 280ai I'm building will probably be my new favorite until my next project surfaces. I have issues…..
I'm kind of the same way, my "Favorite" tends to be whatever I grab or whatever I have the most ammo/components for at any given time.