Weatherby's new 6.5 RPM cartridge

Anyone else have new updates/information on this case?
Seems they've downloaded it quite a bit to avoid cannibalizing their big 6.5-300 sales. I don't know why it wouldn't at least equal, if not surpass a bit, the 6.5 Sherman, which is a beast of a round in a standard boltface!
I'd love to see this case picked up by Petersen, ADG, or Lapua. The wildcat family that would spark from that would take all those "old family" rifles into the next century performance wise.

Anyone else have new updates/information on this case?
Seems they've downloaded it quite a bit to avoid cannibalizing their big 6.5-300 sales. I don't know why it wouldn't at least equal, if not surpass a bit, the 6.5 Sherman, which is a beast of a round in a standard boltface!
I'd love to see this case picked up by Petersen, ADG, or Lapua. The wildcat family that would spark from that would take all those "old family" rifles into the next century performance wise.
Yep, I agree with all of that. It does appear to be downloaded a little unless the laws of physics apply to all other rounds in regard to case capacity but somehow not to this one. And for that same reason we know it could never be close to the 6.5-300 in velocity but it appears Wea. wants to keep a large spread and thus more distinction. It appears they are happy with the RPM showing to match or slightly exceed the PRC. In reality the RPM should be just under (very close) to the 264WM.
The case is a Wildcatters dream IF a good brass company sells quality brass at a decent price. There are std. boltface rifles in safes all over America ready to go (I have a couple). It's just a matter of when it would break loose.
And can you even imagine how many MOA Vanguards with a Carbon barrel or fluted stainless for that matter that Wea. could sell for 1500-1800.00 ? I know they won't do that until all the potential market is realized with the 6 lug MK 5 but if they decide to after that, they won't be able to make enough of them.

The case is a Wildcatters dream IF a good brass company sells quality brass at a decent price. There are std. boltface rifles in safes all over America ready to go (I have a couple). It's just a matter of when it would break loose.
And can you even imagine how many MOA Vanguards with a Carbon barrel or fluted stainless for that matter that Wea. could sell for 1500-1800.00 ? I know they won't do that until all the potential market is realized with the 6 lug MK 5 but if they decide to after that, they won't be able to make enough of them.
I love the Vanguards! I'm considering buying a used one if this case begins to achieve some real traction from a reputable brass manufacturer. A 6 lug Mark V with a CF barrel in this RPM round would be pretty slick too.

l bought a 'Made ln USA' 6 lug Weatherby MarkV SVM in 7-08 maybe 20yrs past. With a 22'' fluted KREIGER barrel lts ''THOR'S HAMMER'' on Whitetails

I loaded up some 156gr Bergers and R26/BR2 primers at 3.410",

I had some Labradar issues when I got to the range, shot the 63.0/63.5 loads and both groups were at about 3/4" but no velocity readings, back to the range a cpl days later with a new LabRadar the 64.0/65.0gr loads shot really well.

63.0grs Labradar error .85" group
63.5grs Labradar error .75" group

64.0grs- 3045/3029/3031 from a clean barrel

1598015775963.png

after a scope adjustment, 65.0grs- 3061/3072/3070

1598015851297.png

Think I will keep my 264 mag rifles. They have been performing beautifully over the years. Since 1964. If it ain't broke don't fix it. When Barnes came out with the mono they got better. Now the Hammer bullet's. Can't imagine the new Wby killing any deader. Another new 6.5 while my 264's have never failed me. I'l save my money for powder & bullets.