Weatherby Vanguard First Lite

LBEdgin

I realize the Weatherby Vanguard First Lite have been out for awhile, and I have done some research on line on them but wanted to check if anyone on here has had any experience with them the good or bad. I pick one up on a really good deal in the 257 Weatherby which I know rather well, but this model of Weatherby not so much. And don't know what to expect as it should be in this coming week. Would be thankful for everyone input.
Thanks David

I realize the Weatherby Vanguard First Lite have been out for awhile, and I have done some research on line on them but wanted to check if anyone on here has had any experience with them the good or bad. I pick one up on a really good deal in the 257 Weatherby which I know rather well, but this model of Weatherby not so much. And don't know what to expect as it should be in this coming week. Would be thankful for everyone input.
Thanks David
My cousin and I just sold 2 Vanguard's. His was a 257 Weatherby and mine was a 7mm Remington mag. Best group we could get was 2 inches. We are both too fussy to settle for rifles like that. I just picked up a Tikka 7mm. Hope it works out better...

I have the basic Vanguard series 2 in 257weatherby and it has taken lots of game from javelina/coues up to cow elk. It has held 1moa out to 550 yards consistently. I added a ported brake to tame it down a bit and that helped a ton, looks like yours comes with a radial brake which is nice.

The one thing left to replace is the stock, just haven't bit the bullet on that yet. The value I've gotten out of the rifle would be hard to beat

My cousin and I just sold 2 Vanguard's. His was a 257 Weatherby and mine was a 7mm Remington mag. Best group we could get was 2 inches. We are both too fussy to settle for rifles like that. I just picked up a Tikka 7mm. Hope it works out better...
Understand about the 2" groups, if it don't group better than that I'll move it on. Thanks for the feedback!

I have the basic Vanguard series 2 in 257weatherby and it has taken lots of game from javelina/coues up to cow elk. It has held 1moa out to 550 yards consistently. I added a ported brake to tame it down a bit and that helped a ton, looks like yours comes with a radial brake which is nice.

The one thing left to replace is the stock, just haven't bit the bullet on that yet. The value I've gotten out of the rifle would be hard to beat
Thanks for the information, hopefully I'll get the results like your. I have had two in the past but one was a CDL SS Remington the other was a Vanguard. Couldn't get the Remington to group good, the best was a 1 1/2, the Vanguard did much better but a buddy talked me out of it which I now regret. I love the horse power the 257 gives. The stock this gun has on it looks good, but the gun will not be here until Tuesday. I love the after market stock. I have H & S on my model 70 7mm mag which I got the best price on. The McMillan ran me about $574 three years ago I suspect them to be much higher now. It was on a 300 Untra Mag it was a much pretty stock but the H & S was made just as good though. It also was sold to my buddy after he offered more than I could turn down. I'm hoping the factory stock is a good one, if not I will go the H & S route. Thanks again for sharing, and if you haven't already look at the H & S stocks.

Last year I purchased a vanguard first lite in .300 weatherby and so far I really like it. Stock isn't terrible and trigger is good. My biggest issue is the short magazine.

I like mine in .300 weatherby enough that I am strongly considering buying one in .257 wby as well

I have had very good luck with my vanguards.
I have a mark series in. .257. Love it
Doc did trigger for me years ago.
In fact I just got it back out this past week.
Added a salmon River slab brake and load for 90gr hammer. Got to 3150fps and it's insane how fun it is to shoot with that brake on it. It has very little recoil.

Thanks David
You'll be pleased! My family has 3 all sub moa!

Last edited: