Weatherby Chassis Conversion Help Needed

Host.

Need a little help sourcing a detachable mag for my rifle and caliber, and wanted to see if anyone on here could help. It's already been a few weeks of continual searching to no avail.

First, I already know it's a bit of an odd ball configuration, but I'm down to one part and just need to find this to finish this build.

I have a Weatherby Mark V 9-Lug Accumark 30-378, I want to drop it in a Bell and Carlson 6629 Tacitical Chassis... (only apparent option now since Weatherby stopped selling any tactical option 2+ years ago)

Those both I have, as well as a close-by gunsmith able to do the build, what I can't find for the life of me is a detachable 5 capacity magazine.

Every option that appears to have existed (And there were actually a few) over the last decade or so are either no long in production or on an apparent (never-ending?) back order.

With that said, does anyone know of a detachable mag kit for the 30-338 weatherby mag that will work on this build for the long action Mark V, and additionally... if there is no off-the-shelf options... what should I be looking to get to try to have the mag built?

Appreciate any help.

Ps.
For the record, I know the reason there aren't options is its a fluted barrel on a vastly over powered case, which by default will have way too limited of rifle barrel life to be used as a precision or target rifle. Additionally the recoil to range trade off is no longer a necessity in long distance shooting thanks to modern powders.

This is not a practical build, and if your reading this thinking you should... the answer is no.

However with that said, this is just a fun build I want to try and already have a Flow TI suppressor rated for this, glass, bi-pod, chassis, and ammo... and just need this dang mag kit to go shoot the 500 or so rounds this barrel will last...

Please someone help me 🍻

Last edited:
I can assume you have check with Unknown Munitions or maybe Area 419
I'm a 30-378 fan myself, it's one of my favorite. You get it finished I would like to see pic. Sounds like a nice rig. 👍

Thanks the Bell and Carlson Fit perfect. Love this set up.
I'll try to get some pics up soon.