Weapons In Pictures

On another thread a poster commented "So glad to not see weapon in picture."

Do other people feel this way and why? The poster was asked and didn't reply.
That's part of the reason why I'm here, and I do enjoy seeing posts about a cool rifle, or a favorite weapon and hear the story behind it. That said, I think the photo should support the subject of the post. Leave extraneous items out of the post, they are just a distraction. Maybe you have the makings of a second post?

Most people seem to do that. That said, sometimes we fail, myself included. That's fine too, most of us aren't professional photographers & writers.

No animals were harmed in my picture; that's just a back scratcher sticking up by my right ear. Actually, because I'm still learning at my age, I enjoy seeing what 'tool' the hunter used to take an animal that they respect enough to photograph. When you can no longer pack 150 pounds or run up a mountain, and your hunting partners have gone on ahead, those memories get mighty precious.

On another thread a poster commented "So glad to not see weapon in picture."

Do other people feel this way and why? The poster was asked and didn't reply.
I think he either wasn't thinking of how it sounded or really likes just the trophy and the hunter look, of course there could be another intended reason but why waste the time?

Well crap im guilty for hurting snowflakes feelings some times. I always take many pics of different angles and with or with out my fire arms. Then I pick the best pics for myself.
As far as Zeiss, I want to apologize to all the people I recommended their porducts too. I dont like being a one and done but I bought a new Zeiss V6 3-18 and the internal mechanical mechanism broke right after I zeroed the gun and started dialing it up. They took care of it but, NOW they don't want to see pictures of their products that they specifically designed for Firearms. Starting to sound like a bunch of candy asses.

Why is everyone calling a hunting rifle or any firearms for that matter a weapon in the first place……?? No different from a jack knife, hatchet, hammer or a saw…… these are all the tools we use for a variety of different purposes, albeit in some instances each of these could be considered to be utilized as a weapon to defend one's self &/or others…… but again this is just one use of such a tool…..

As for the photos and having your firearms on display, I wholly support keeping them in the photos along with cleaning up the blood whenever possible for photos.

Thanks!

Recent Posts