We had horse shot this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure wish you luck finding the sorry s.o.b. I worry about my horses all the time. Got a beautiful bucksin filly with a chocolate chest. She wears orange saddle bags, an' my scabbards are orange. I still worry. In the dawn or dusk, obscured by foliage, I could mistake her for an elk myself.

I don't believe anybody hits anything behind the shoulder on accident. Got time to make a good shot, you've sure as hell got time to identify your target.

**** shame! I wish you luck again.

I always wonder when I'm deer hunting, if there aren't people out there just shooting at every **** noise they hear. How do you shoot a horse on accident?

I shoot rock chucks at Waybestinkinfaraway range, and I can still see that they are rock chucks. How does one mistakenly shoot a horse?

Answer; He doesn't. And if he did, we should all want the guy out of the woods for life. He'd be better off saying he did it on purpose in my opinion. Then he's just a jerk, instead of a dangerous moron totin a gun.

%^&&*

There is/ was a farmer here in Southern Illinois that resorted to painting C-O-W on the side of his black angus herd and keeping them in a feedlot during gun season. I always kept our horses up during gun season too, since the ground across the road was leased to unknowns.

There have been documented instances, according to IDNR, of goats, sheep, and calves being logged in at deer check staions - back when Illinois still had them. Many, many hunters from Chicago and other urban areas come here & assume anything in the woods with fur & hooves has to be bambi. IDNR actually resorted to printing a picture of a deer on the derr permits themselves to show what one looked like. Sad, stupid, uncalled for.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.