Got my 2005 Alberta whitetail back this week...

Fiftydriver

Official LRH Sponsor
Well, I finally got my whitetail mount back and I am very happy with it. Had a local guy do the work and will not say who because he takes long enough as it is!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Old news but just figured you guys would like to see the buck. He has an outside spread of 27 3/4" and scores 161 B&C points. He was well past his prime and more then likely would not have made it though the following winter so I was VERY happy to get him.

Look forward to heading up in 2007 again to chase some more big whitetails and hang out with my good friend Richard Graves.

10212005_whitetail_mount_front-med.jpg

Had his left antler been as tall as his right he would have been in the 165 range easily. Not bad for a 4x4 counting eye guards.

Kirby Allen(50)

Nice job, he looks alive¡¡ watch out for your neighbours if you leave him hanging there ¡¡¡ you may find some new holes when you pick it up in the morning.

Great looking mount Kirby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

First I saw the pics you posted of him right after you got back, then I saw the horns up close and now the mount kinda completes the circle. Looks like a pretty good mount.

A good taxidermist is kinda like a good gunsmith. Takes a long time to find a good one and then you hope the rest of the world doesn't find him too, but you know that won't happen. You just find a good one and pick a number and wait cause the result is worth the wait. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good looking buck Fifty. All we have out here in California, are what I call dogs. Are deer are pretty small out this way.

Jake

Your mount turned out great, I love that sneak or 'got ya" look. The only non-typical I have taken, was looking just like that when I spotted him. Course he already had me pegged, but was just a bit slower than he should have been. Those wide beams and age really do add a lot of character to make the trophy as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.