wc-860 & wc-872??

Wayne

Ten shot groups over a five shot group will usually increase the group size "at least" double in most cases.

Those extra five shots are killers.

Even the short range (100 and 200 hundred yards)shooters with their 6PPCs will find the 5 shot group will double when going to ten shots.

The records indicate this as being true also.

The 5 shot record is 1 1/2" in "light guns" at 1000 yards where as the 10 shot record is 4 1/2".

I have seen the first five shots come back to the target room "many times" 1 1/2 inches or less. We shoot ten shots in all our classes so the five don't count with us.

Later
DC
smile.gif

Darryl,
Overall I'm pretty pleased with the accuracy, I have only shot 3-10 shot groups at 1000yds with the WC872 and they all had 1-2 fliers. Mostly I use H1000 and it will give me 8-12" groups depending on the day and how I pull the trigger, usually there isn't a big flier out of the group like there is with the WC872. I'm still trying to find a great load for the rifle as I think it can do much better. It has shot much smaller 3 and 5 shot groups, 10 shots always are much larger as they should be I guess.
Thanks,
Wayne

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.