WARNING: NORMA "Whitetail" 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr. SP ammunition- Overpressure!

Hence another reason to clock pretty much everything. Note I said pretty much.

Obvious point being if speeds were high it could be pressure, if speeds are pretty much on or even light it would point to a mechanical issue.

I say run some of it carefully thru another gun a bolt gun and run it over a clock while doing so. I

It might show it to be an unusually hot batch of rounds but my money would be on it not being....Maybe:)

Edited to add, that in this day and age of good chronographs I'm utterly amazed that each and everyone of us don't have one and use it non stop. One can buy a ProChrono for under $100, then go to Wallmart and buy a heavy but inexpensive tripod and you're golden.

We still have not seen proof that any lot of Norma Whitetail is overpressure. So far all we have is what we see from AR rifles. We need more data.

It's been a long day and I may of missed it but what was the actual chronographed speed of these rounds?
All I've got is the manufacturer's claimed velocities as printed on the box.

Not terribly keen on firing more of this ammo from same rifle as it presently stands for some reason. I've received RMA & a pre paid mailing label already.

I do have a Chrony.

If measurements of ammunition, headspace and base to ogive appear good? And the offered small firing pin bolt/pin are on hand?

I'd CAUTIOUSLY try firing another round over chronograph, inspect everything, and depending on what I see, try a string. But I'd be recovering & inspecting every case before firing next round if I do.

No worries, just trying to help you sort thru the puzzle. Maybe it's the rounds and maybe it's the rifle......

This is just me but if I met you at the range and you told me what you've told us and I had a bolt gun in CM I'd gladly run a round or two down range with it. Over.............a chronograph that is!

I'd be willing to be that'd be a game changer:)

I do not own any other rifles in 6.5CM.

I have no acquaintences nearby who own a rifle in 6.5CM.

If I DID? I don't think asking a friend to fire ammunition in his rifle that I question the safety of is...

Ethical?

A tempting offer for my (fully informed) friend?

I wouldn't. I wish I had pics of my friends trigger tech. I was standing right next to him when it happened. Once again a defiance bolt action.

I have 3 boxes recently purchased:

Attachments

• 5508B5A6-8E2B-4085-A61B-C60923A7E087.jpeg
    5508B5A6-8E2B-4085-A61B-C60923A7E087.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 60
Did it just blow off the trigger? But nothing happened to the action? Seems strange

Snapped the sear and smaller supporting component and stung my buddies finger. Brought it to C&H in Savannah and they did a once over and replaced the trigger for us and got us back shooting. Rifles fine.

Snapped the sear and smaller supporting component and stung my buddies finger. Brought it to C&H in Savannah and they did a once over and replaced the trigger for us and got us back shooting. Rifles fine.
How would that happen from an over pressure round in a bolt action gun? The bolt is locked in position by the lugs until after you open it. What happens in the chamber is totally separate from any forces exerted on the trigger. Sounds like a manufacturer defect in the trigger, unless I'm misunderstanding your explanation.