WARNING: NORMA "Whitetail" 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr. SP ammunition- Overpressure!

Yeah, understood. That's been brought to my attention several times in this thread. What got me started on this was the recommendation from others about shooting possible over pressure loads in a bolt action to see if it's actually the ammo. I said hey don't do that I shot NORMA ammo in a defiance action and it messed up a $200 trigger.

I don't think it was the trigger. Pretty sure it was the over pressured Norma ammo. Then it was brought up again that hey there's no way it's the ammo. No the ammo is still definitely a factor since we havent heard back from the OP.
OK, I understand you. If the ammo really is overpressure, it is not safe to shoot in any action. I certainly wouldn't try Bert's lot. But I think it more likely that his problem was caused by his bolt. But since he has dropped off the face of the Interweb with Darrel's loaned equipment, we may never know. My lots are fine and as of now, we have no reason to believe that there are any lots of Norma Whitetail that are overpressure.

OK, I understand you. If the ammo really is overpressure, it is not safe to shoot in any action. I certainly wouldn't try Bert's lot. But I think it more likely that his problem was caused by his bolt. But since he has dropped off the face of the Interweb with Darrel's loaned equipment, we may never know. My lots are fine and as of now, we have no reason to believe that there are any lots of Norma Whitetail that are overpressure.

Jon…you're the only one who seems to understand what I'm saying. Thank you. Im not knocking Norma. It's great ammo. It's probably a one off, like me. I'm saying it's not outside the realm of possibility. And again sorry about the bolt fiasco. Hopefully, the OP is just busy.

I have texted and called with no response from Bert, even worse was the cell phone number has a different owner by listening to the greeting message.

I will write off the BCG and just chalk it up to being bested. I honestly thought I was helping out a member, not being scammed.

Time to move forward and let this go.

Update, after the messages bounced around, one of his employees got the message to him and he contacted me and the BCG is on its way home. I am guessing one of the numbers was a main office number and that message actually reached a human ear.

Sorry for the alarmist post earlier, but everything has worked out.

Thanks Darryle

Update, after the messages bounced around, one of his employees got the message to him and he contacted me and the BCG is on its way home. I am guessing one of the numbers was a main office number and that message actually reached a human ear.

Sorry for the alarmist post earlier, but everything has worked out.

Thanks Darryle
What was the outcome?

I have had issues with Norma ammo. The world operates in gray. I'm sure in their millions of rounds of awesome ammo fired have been fine. But I was in the 0.1% that had issues. All three rounds from a brand new box had over pressure signs. Because the op is having issues with returning the BCG shouldn't discredit his Norma ammo issues. This is what it did to the trigger.
as far as the trigger thats a faulty trigger it wasn't caused by the ammo