WARNING: NORMA "Whitetail" 6.5 Creedmoor 140gr. SP ammunition- Overpressure!

I sent an email and haven't heard back from him. I hope he's healthy and just busy with work. I will reach out via phone in the next day or two if he doesn't respond to my email. He's in a unique business, so I am hoping he's covered up with work.

He has one of my HP small firing pin BCG, so I don't see him giving up without returning the BCG.
Oops, got it wrong, not bert2368 bolt, but Darryle's bolt

To say that I am a little disappointed with Bert is an understatement. I have sent numerous PMs to try to get an update with no reply and he has been on the forum according to his profile. I guess I will need to just get over the fact that I was donating a HP BCG and not loaning.

I have also been looking at other's reviews of the NW ammo and I haven't seen any other reports of issues like Bert's.

Highly disappointed in his complete lack of communication with me or the forum with any further information.

Bert, I really would like to have my HP BCG back.

Thanks Darryle

My son and I fired two boxes of Norma Whitetail 6.5 CM, with absolutely no sign of overpressure. I now believe that there never was any overpressure with this ammunition. Don't know about Bert's gun.

this thread has not proven anything to be true according to its title. It is a good thing LRH is not legally liable for anything members say that may be untrue and damaging to private businesses.

I have had issues with Norma ammo. The world operates in gray. I'm sure in their millions of rounds of awesome ammo fired have been fine. But I was in the 0.1% that had issues. All three rounds from a brand new box had over pressure signs. Because the op is having issues with returning the BCG shouldn't discredit his Norma ammo issues. This is what it did to the trigger.

Attachments

• 274BC5AC-42DB-4B83-A493-EACFA4A1D9FA.jpeg
    274BC5AC-42DB-4B83-A493-EACFA4A1D9FA.jpeg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 98B8D498-65C9-4449-850A-1C2DB7B2C5FC.jpeg
    98B8D498-65C9-4449-850A-1C2DB7B2C5FC.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • FAE0D94E-2CA9-4E44-A665-545886CC9B87.jpeg
    FAE0D94E-2CA9-4E44-A665-545886CC9B87.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 61
Last edited by a moderator:
I have had issues with Norma ammo. The world operates in gray. I'm sure in their millions of rounds of awesome ammo fired have been fine. But I was in the 0.1% that had issues. All three rounds from a brand new box had over pressure signs. Because the op is having issues with returning the BCG shouldn't discredit his Norma ammo issues. This is what it did to the trigger.
Was this Norma Whitetail 6.5 CM?

Was this Norma Whitetail 6.5 CM?

No, it's the Norma match I was complaining about in my previous post. My point is it's Norma ammo. They can be having QAQC problems not limited to one type of ammo across their facilities.

No, it's the Norma match I was complaining about in my previous post. My point is it's Norma ammo. They can be having QAQC problems not limited to one type of ammo across their facilities.
I see what you are saying. But it doesn't really indicate that there's anything lacking in QC for Norma Whitetail in 6.5 CM.

I have seen another post like 300 Whisper's in a bolt gun, it may have been his but pictures looked to be a trigger laying on a counter or work bench, but nothing about it regarding issues in an AR.

If you had a trigger with a brittle sear, or not properly hardened, his would have happened with any ammo. Plus you are not even using the ammo that is the topic of this thread.

If you had a trigger with a brittle sear, or not properly hardened, his would have happened with any ammo. Plus you are not even using the ammo that is the topic of this thread.

Yeah, understood. That's been brought to my attention several times in this thread. What got me started on this was the recommendation from others about shooting possible over pressure loads in a bolt action to see if it's actually the ammo. I said hey don't do that I shot NORMA ammo in a defiance action and it messed up a $200 trigger.

I don't think it was the trigger. Pretty sure it was the over pressured Norma ammo. Then it was brought up again that hey there's no way it's the ammo. No the ammo is still definitely a factor since we havent heard back from the OP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Recent Posts