waiting on the lottery UPDATE: GOT MY TAG

emn83

well, spent the $4 and got my name in the lottery for the Northeast MN early season wolf lottery. Should find out on or before October 15 if my deer season will be super busy, as the early wolf season coincides with firearm deer season up here. since it's what I have, I'll be using my .308 Savage, if I am fortunate enough to get a permit, there's only 58 given out for the early season.

Re: waiting on the lottery

well, spent the $4 and got my name in the lottery for the Northeast MN early season wolf lottery. Should find out on or before October 15 if my deer season will be super busy, as the early wolf season coincides with firearm deer season up here. since it's what I have, I'll be using my .308 Savage, if I am fortunate enough to get a permit, there's only 58 given out for the early season.

Wait a minute! You're tell me that woof season coincides with firearm deer season there . . . and . . . you're waiting on a lottery? What am I missing? (sure wish my Smilies worked!)

Wolf and deer season together! man thats a TREAT:rolleyes:lightbulb

Wolf and deer season together! man thats a TREAT:rolleyes:lightbulb

it's stupid, but well, I chose early season because my buddy who has actual wolf experience put in for early season. I also love that since both wolf seasons are during either regular firearm or muzzle loader season, all Blaze orange requirements are in force...stupid

hey emn83 how did your wolf hunt go i also hail from minnesota, lots of guys a talked to said there were plenty of wolves in the area they deer hunt.

Spent a week up just south of I Falls hunting, had the wolves hit the bait a few times but no luck. Maybe going back in January.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.