First WOLF tag.

I love my wolf tags, I think I've got 5 now. I like the old metal one best. Of course those were bought on trips north for Canadian wolves.....Hmmm!

Well thanks to Longrangehunting.com I have a valued employee, and someone with a set big enough to go and do something about these wolves we are plagued with. I have a pile of friend that hate wolves from their couch. Dave is going to see the real beauty of Montana. This back country area 316 opens Saturday, and we intend to give it our all! Bring on the mutts we have their medicine!

Well thanks to Longrangehunting.com I have a valued employee, and someone with a set big enough to go and do something about these wolves we are plagued with. I have a pile of friend that hate wolves from their couch. Dave is going to see the real beauty of Montana. This back country area 316 opens Saturday, and we intend to give it our all! Bring on the mutts we have their medicine!

Some of us don't have the "wallet" and have to sit on the couch. But if you'll pay the freight, I'll kill every wolf you can find, tag or no tag. You find 50 and I'll be happy to kill 50. We got a deal?????gun)

Some of us don't have the "wallet" and have to sit on the couch. But if you'll pay the freight, I'll kill every wolf you can find, tag or no tag. You find 50 and I'll be happy to kill 50. We got a deal?????gun)

I was in no way trying to create a fight, I was just saying that because of this forum Dave is a valued employee of mine. Also I say that of all of the people in my area that complain about wolves, it was Dave762 that rode back into this area to look for a wolf.

As far as freight goes, well I covered Daves freight, but his *** might be a little saddle sore now. As far as the wallet goes, I can not help that but if I clear my long list of people who want a wolf you can be next.
That was the most desolate some bleach, animal empty place on Earth! We did see lots of goats and grass hoppers. For anybody who knows the area Clover Basin and the head of Grizzly Creek did not have and wolves in it. We never heard a bugle or wolf howl all night. no wolf tracks, one fresh bear track near camp and no fresh elk tracks. We heard one shot toward the head of Hellroaring around 9am. I will not steal Daves story so he can fill in the details.

HA!! thanks for the story rights.....

Hell of a nice ride, with a great view. I was comfortable on Winston the horse after a few minutes, and he did very well.

Walking uphill at 10,000ft is no joke, I don't care who you are.

Pretty dry with just a few goats and doe's sighted.

However, since I'm used to carrying the same ammount of gear on my back, and not riding in, it was far from a waste of a trip. I am now familiar with that trail, and know where to hunt in the futre.

Most people have to pay thousands to have a good guide take them into the mountains to hunt. I happen to work for one and get to go for much cheaper...Is that considered a "fringe benefit"????

Thanks Hank!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.