Vortex Warranty return--My experience

DENWA

I was an early adopter of Vortex and I paid the price with issues. So I really moved away from them about 10 years ago.
I did purchase a set of the Vulture Coyote 8.5x50 Binoculars and they were amazing $200 binos (back in 2010) and I ditched my leupolds. These have been around the world with me at least twice and I still think they are really punching above their weight.

Last year I bought a set of the FURY LRF/BINO combo from the LRH classifieds and they were OK.

This November took them both out to Hunt and the Vultures failed on day one in the field! No adjustment on the left lens!

Next day I dropped the Fury's with the eye cup extended in the freezing cold and it broke. I was able to put it back together but it was twisted a bit.

I sent them back week before Christmas and just got them back Saturday.

VORTEX SERVICE BLEW ME AWAY!

They really have it figured out, Completely refurbished like new Vulture and a BRAND NEW FURY.
Both sent with all the details( because they knew I'd want to know) what was wrong.
Also they sent emails and letters in the pack from Cody saying he was personally double checking everything before it shipped.

BTW the new FURY is MUCH nicer than the one I had and it came with all the lickys and chewies.

So Honestly I'm very happy with the service and I'm really glad to see someone has service as a priority.
Hopefully the folks at Minox, Bushnell, and Leupold follow their lead.

I'm a retired Marine whose a contractor for the ARMY. The Lickys and chewies are what we called Pogey Bait. Basically all the candies and junk food from the roach coach or the shopette.

We now use it to describe all the extras and accessories.

The FURY came with all kinds of harnesses and straps and a really nice case that mounts to you or your pack. Also a bunch of nice decals and a diamond plate licence plate all with VORTEX logo.
Normally I refuse to advertise but my son thought these would go well on his ATV so he's pretty happy.

I'm always happy to see how optics companies respond to warranty commitment. Good bad or ugly it says a lot about a company, They are all grins and giggles when you spend money with them, but what kind of attitude and service back a problem when their product screws up? I had a similar experience with Zeiss where they made the problem 100% right and gave me a bunch of stuff to make up for inconvience. Had the opposite experience with Bushnell on two different occasions with warranty failures. You remember these things long after the fact. Not trying to hijack your thread away from Vortex, (sounds like they stand behind their products and then some), but we should all tell of optics experiences both good and bad to let people know how it went. Dave

I agree 100%. I too have had good results with Zeiss warranty but also they tend to never repair but replace. Sometime sentiment is worth more than the scope.

Had too many dollars wasted on equipment that wasn't worth the scrap metal it was made of , but nothing worse than Bushnell or Leupold treating you like crap to add insult to injury.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts