Vortex VIP warranty

They are good. I called Huskemaw to try and get a scope looked at by them and was on the phone for 15 min getting screamed at because the guy said there's nothing wrong with it and he refused to even look at it. Let's just say I will never recommend them to anyone. I have had great experience with vortex and nightforce, only reason I called nightforce was to see if I could send in a scope to have a zero stop installed.
Vortex fixed a scope that fell and bent a turret.

similar experience with vortex. Used a screwdriver to remove the elevation turret and boogered it up. Asked to buy a new one. They wouldn't take my credit card when I insisted.

Oh and for the vortex haters my LHT has been through 3 seasons now. POI hasn't changed in 3 years or hard mountain hunting. I think it's been on 35-40 hunts now.

Oh and for the vortex haters my LHT has been through 3 seasons now. POI hasn't changed in 3 years or hard mountain hunting. I think it's been on 35-40 hunts now.
I don't consider myself a hater as they have a place. I would consider myself more of a Vortex None truster. Every single one I have helped people with has had issues. I had one and that was the first and last I would ever have. Yes they have great warranty and that is there only selling point. I also don't trust Leupold with Tracking and holding zero. Just like other companies have a lemon now and then, Vortex may actually produce a scope that can hold up every now and then. Almost all the better scope companies have a no questions asked warranty and great service. You just don't have to hear about them as often because they don't get used much. I can even add Burris to that list but that doesn't mean I will be trusting their product again. To each their own, and what works best For some doesn't work for others. From what I have seen I just like to try and help people make the most of their hard earned money and not have regrets. My 2 cents🙃

I don't consider myself a hater as they have a place. I would consider myself more of a Vortex None truster. Every single one I have helped people with has had issues. I had one and that was the first and last I would ever have. Yes they have great warranty and that is there only selling point. I also don't trust Leupold with Tracking and holding zero. Just like other companies have a lemon now and then, Vortex may actually produce a scope that can hold up every now and then. Almost all the better scope companies have a no questions asked warranty and great service. You just don't have to hear about them as often because they don't get used much. I can even add Burris to that list but that doesn't mean I will be trusting their product again. To each their own, and what works best For some doesn't work for others. From what I have seen I just like to try and help people make the most of their hard earned money and not have regrets. My 2 cents🙃
That's a valid point. I think vortex shoots themselves in the foot with some of their lower end stuff. The razor lht and razor III aren't the same as a diamondback. That being said, I wouldn't toss my LHT off a cliff then expect it to be bullet proof. But I can say that I can say after 3 years of hunting, with your typical bumps and drops, it has been flawless. Hell on my daughters hunt we belly crawled 100 yards. I was grabbing it by the scope, putting it 3 feet in front of me, then crawling to it. Repeat 100 time. That's not easy on a scope, or the rings.

Im not exactly a hater, this type of situation its nice and all. Just wish I'd not if needed the world class warranty so much with their purchases. Obviously the model works for them, threads pop up near weekly across all manner of forums about how impressive the warranty is. Objectively my interactions were positive with the return and repair side of the business.... conversely I don't need to have nightforce customer service number saved in my contacts. Two competing business methods, both clearly financially work. Consumer just gets to pick which corporate ethos works best for them.

The point of this post wasn't about having to use the warranty. Maybe the title was misleading. I just wanted to show that there are still companies out there going beyond what I would expect for customer service. Let me be clear. I lost the turret cap. My fault. Period. I called to order a replacement. They are sending me a new one free of charge. I own several different scope brands. Nightforce, Vortex, Leupold, Nikon and others. I just thought it was good customer service that should be acknowledged.

I had forgotten to pick up all my accessories at the range after it got pitch dark including Vortex cases and lens covers and called Vortex after no one turned them in. They're sending replacement items free of charge I'm very impressed and it wasn't even their fault and said they were not charging me for anything. I buy higher end Vortex products lately not so much their Chinese stuff though. That's what Arken EP5s and EPL4s are for who also send free prepaid return shipping labels if and when you need warranty. If the Chinese Vortex scopes had the same quality and glass and turrets and zero stop as the EP5 and EPL4s with similar prices as these Arkens might be asking for too much. I do like my Chinese Vortex Strike Eagle 3-18x44 FFP 34mm for $499 on sale. It's on par with the Arken EPL4s maybe a hair better build quality with similar glass and not as good turrets but at least they're locking. Bought it because Arken doesn't have a light weight 3-18x FFP 34mm scope with both locking turrets. The reticle is surprisingly easy to see on low magnification. My favorite is my Vortex Razor Gen 3 6-36x56 with new improved turrets followed by the newest version of the Arken EP5 with noticeably better glass than they used to have.

Standard practice for Vortex. I have quite a few of their terrible "low end" scopes. They constantly break and vortex keeps sending me new ones at least once a month. My test mule is a Diamondback 4-12, and it goes on all my guns if they don't have a scope. Very common as I usually have to save up for the scope, so I slap it on and due my load development. Paint is almost wore off where the rings go and it has some memory marks. Holds zero tracks decent and has been on so many different rifles I lost count. Good thing they replace it often, and take the time to make it look just like the one I sent in.

same experience here
had a doa refurb viper hd range finder
emailed them and they sent me a shipping label and 2 weeks later sent me a brand new sealed replacement. had to pay 0 out of pocket
first time i had to use their warranty, very impressed.