Vortex Scope warranty OMG

Ring

i needed a new scope for a varmit gun i have, and i wanted something good, but not costing more then my gun..

i did some reading and heard some good things on Vortex. 1 of the biggest was its "craftsmen like" no BS warranty
so i decided to buy the Crossfire 6-24x50 AO

the scope and glass looked great for the cash, but the turrets were a bit "wobbly"

i called Vortex and asked if this was fixable or did it need to be replaced.

tech support said it would need to be replaced and i could send it in at any time to be replaced.

since it still held zero well, it wasn't a huge issue at the time and since im in prime varmit killing time i didnt want my gun to be down sending it in to be replaced.

so i asked if they could send me a replacement and a return shipping label to send mine back.

they said no problem and "Brian" even went into the warehouse to hand pick the replacement.
Brian called me a few hours after and let me know the all of the scopes in this model "tall target turrets" seem to have a "bit" of a small wobble in the turret and he was taking the issue to higher up's. but he picked the scope with the least play and sent that.

i received the new scope in a few days and took it out to varmit and all was good.
a week goes by and i had to send Brian this email

man i have bad luck.. The scope was working grate till my gun slid off
my car and bent the eye piece. So it looks like i my need for u to send
out another replacement.

his answer?

"we can do that, same address?"

seriously?... what more could you ask from a company?

i will recommend these to anyone that asks. and i hope this helps to sell a few more.

Russ

Last edited:
Good to hear that there are some companies left out there that put customer satisfaction first. If they made a 4-16x40 or 44 mil dot in their viper line would give them a try. I've heard nothing but good things about the viper bino's.

That is an amazing testimony to Vortex's conception of Customer and Warranty Service.

Was on a thread on another board where a guy mentioned buying a $1600 scope that had a "bubble in the objective lens". Took him 90 days to get the problem solved. He said it took the dealer he purchased from over 60 days to convince the importer (these scopes come from Romania) that the scope was defective, and then another 30 days before he received his replacement.

Guy said he thought this was outstanding service for a small company and the Quarter of a year wait didn't trouble him at all.

It takes all kinds to make a world, don't it?

Seems I saw Vortex has a business plan to be offering Tactical and LongRange scopes to compete head to head with NightForce in the very near future. Sounds like they are seriously trying to build their customer base.

Very impressive for Vortex.

90 days to replace a scope with obvious defect like a bubble in the lens, not too impressive; but maybe that's just me...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.