vortex viper pst GEN2 arriving in spring 2017

I really like the lower, larger diameter turrets on this scope and hope it becomes the trend.
And I want to see this trend on all of the new AMG line of Made-In America Vortex scopes.

That with an internal bubble level would make for an amazing long range scope.

Eric B.

these are the features i love about this scope

Ugh, not sure it will be a problem but I cant stand turret caps that are held in place with set screws...

I don't know why everyone is so fixated on the glass. its the internals I care about. heck if they kept the glass the same that would be fine. just upgrade the internals mechanically. I think the scope is too designed for the tactical user. I don't see why anyone would want a big honkin windage turret. Not even the tactical guys. I am probably going to buy a 3-15 but there are some downsides to me with big giant turrets. The scopes these are marketed to is your tactical wanna be range ranger. They carry a 14 pound chassis gun 50 yards from their truck. It sucks but that is the group that is driving new optics improvements not actually hunters who really hunt.

I don't know why everyone is so fixated on the glass. its the internals I care about. heck if they kept the glass the same that would be fine. just upgrade the internals mechanically. I think the scope is too designed for the tactical user. I don't see why anyone would want a big honkin windage turret. Not even the tactical guys. I am probably going to buy a 3-15 but there are some downsides to me with big giant turrets. The scopes these are marketed to is your tactical wanna be range ranger. They carry a 14 pound chassis gun 50 yards from their truck. It sucks but that is the group that is driving new optics improvements not actually hunters who really hunt.

Tactical scopes are built tougher and better then a hunting scope , there ment to take the abuse on a battle field . I'd rather have something more durable that fragile

If you shoot 1000 yards or beyond you will care about clarity for glass . There are hunters and there are long range hunters and long ranger target shooters , there's a scope for everyone , there not all built the same .

The poor low light performance was the only complaint I had with the 1st gen PST, other than that it was a solid scope. If they haven't improved on low light performance none of the other stuff matters to me.

Nice features for sure but it is still a Vortex. After having several, including the PST, I had to dump them all and go with Sightron and Nightforce. I got tired of having to use the Vortex warranty.

I spoke to Vortex about the new PST and was told the glass is very similar to the first generation Razor.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.