vortex viper and viper pst

bigry26

I am thinking about getting a vortex for my 308. I have been trying to figure out what the main differences are between the viper and the pst. I am on a budget with this one so is the $400 more worth it? Ryan

The rifle will be an all around rig. paper to 1000 and medium size game to probably 600. I was looking on their site and it looks like mostly the focal plane is the difference. I guess the main thing that I was wondering is are they any different optically

The PST's come either way, SFP or FFP. I believe the PST line has some unique features like the reticle and the raised magnification ring with reverse facing multipliers.

I just mounted a 4.5-18x50 SFP on my .338 Savage with Warne Maxima Rings..... a rasical departure for a Leupy person.....:)

The PST's come either way, SFP or FFP. I believe the PST line has some unique features like the reticle and the raised magnification ring with reverse facing multipliers.

I just mounted a 4.5-18x50 SFP on my .338 Savage with Warne Maxima Rings..... a rasical departure for a Leupy person.....:)

I think for the PST with the 50 objective Vortex only makes the:

4-16x50 (FFP or SFP)
or
6-24x50 (FFP or SFP)

Vortex Optics - Viper PST Riflescopes

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.