Vortex Razor HD LH

they didn't give it too much if a shot…not available for too long. Like their entire lineu they've jumped on the tacticool bandwagon…
the razor lh represented some very well thought out ideas within the company and to have abandoned it for what it is now….well i don't think it shows the company 'thinking"
to continue to call it "light hunter" also laughable. I think that they should offer a model of scope that has some fantastic features for what can be represented by "modern day trends" (ie the reticle and actually a small turret if you'd like to use it) while still holding to what is represented as "traditional" (ie size/weight and power range)
….for a "hunter" they just don't have any offering with razor grade glass!
I wouldn't mind seeing them cut a few other models in the lineup in order to offer hunters a scope that is robust in features and not in weight…something that will fit in a scabbard secondly and on a nimble hunting rifle firstly!
I still maintain that lighter weight, sleeker more nimble rifles are becoming more popular and frankly they deserve "razor" quality glass as an option. I think they are missing a section of sportsman that simply don't want a big scope with exposed turrets…
that scope checked all the boxes for what I want on a rifle and if I want the other features then there are offerings already that they have, especially in the razor quality glass. When I look at their lineup now all I see is a copy of the same thing over and over … it's not exciting!
the "light hunter" was a departure from that tacticool blueprint and it was nice to see them make an offering to compete with their euro counterpart at a competitive price! To 'represent' for hunters that aren't under the illusion that they'll be shooting 1000yds, dialing up and down, calling wind out while laying in the grass with their shemagh around their neck….